Trusted Contributor

Re: All roads lead to Panera Bread

@trenetwrote:

I don’t like Panera breads.  I am spoiled living only 4 blocks from a local “artisan” bakery.    Woman Happy

One of their new “goodies” is a creamsicle eclair! 

@trenet Thanks! Just rub it in! Rub it in why don’t you! 😸🥖🥖🥖🥖🥖

Respected Contributor

Say what?

Honored Contributor

We never eat at any franchise restaurants. We found out long ago you'll just leave disappointed. We just support our locals by eating at their eateries. 

"Pure Michigan"
Trusted Contributor

@ID2wrote:

We never eat at any franchise restaurants. We found out long ago you'll just leave disappointed. We just support our locals by eating at their eateries. 

We have some great local restaurants, but our chains are kicking bootie.  Cracker Barrel to Steak n Shake, Longhorn to Freddy's...all of them are doing an amazing job.  No comment on Outback, Texas Roadhouse or O'Charley's though.

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Respected Contributor

@Blahblahvampemer  What’s wrong with Outback?  I’m very curious.

Honored Contributor

@Hippiifiedwrote:

@Blahblahvampemer  What’s wrong with Outback?  I’m very curious.

@Hippiified I can't speak for @Blahblahvampemer but the ones in my area have largely gone down the tubes. The beef isn't tender or tasty, the salads have become very meager without the many ingredients that used to make them wonderful and the soups aren't at all appetizing... Not nearly what they were 'in the day'... And they still think a free Bloomin' Onion solves all ills... It doesn't...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Oh, my.  You had me at Buona.  I used to go to the original in Berwyn.  Now I have to pay $200 to get it delivered to my door across the country Robot Mad

Respected Contributor

@luvmybeetlewrote:

@DearPrudencewrote:

This morning I decided that for dinner I would go to Buona Beef and get a cheesy beef sandwich, with hot and sweet peppers. When the time came to leave, I decided that I would go to the ATM while I was out.  My bank only has two ATM locations in my area, and one of them is out of order about half the time. That is the bank near Buona Beef.

So I decided to go to the other ATM which is conveniently located down the street from Panera Bread. I ended up at Panera.. No beef sandwich AGAIN.  I have done this so many times, why do I pretend to myself that I'm not going to go to Panera? I need a twelve step program for this addiction.

I don't go to Panera anymore as they always make a mistake with my order or the soup is cold or the place is very messy.  Especially with the take out orders, they always get it wrong.  I have the same problem with Cracker Barrel.

becca lou wrote: My husband and I went to Panera Bread as he received some gift card for there, haven't been in a while, we both today commented how strangely run that place is. And we had a girl that seem to have a problem taking our order. And You can never get a sharp knife, only butter kinifes.I wonder do they have robbery problems and are afraid of getting attacked with their own utensils. Makes one wonder ? Problem with the order problems seems to be a regular thing there, now that I think of it, but I really like their Italian Sandwich, and the Onion soup. But very expensive.

Esteemed Contributor

I go to Panera several times a week - there's one across the street from where I work and it's one of the few places my mother can find something to eat.

When I order from work, I pre-order online and just walk in and pick up.  Has always been correct - they have someone actually go through the bags before they set them up (I've seen them doing it).  When I go on the weekends with Mom, I go to the machines rather than actually talking to someone (seriously, did a couple of weeks ago, and it was painful).  I never understand why everyone gets in line rather than using the machines?  Again, we've always gotten what we've ordered.

(But, I love Portillos too - not a lot of Buona Beefs near me)

Valued Contributor

@Cakers3wrote:

@DearPrudence  I've never heard of Buono Beef.  Local?

Next time take out extra $$ and place in a Buono Beef jar so you will stay the course.

One day at a time, dear.  LOL

FYI, I made it to Buona Beef yesterday!! Didn't go near Panera Bread!