Super Contributor

i heard she's vey smart too, high GPA. 

Honored Contributor

Sorry, not a fan of her look without makeup. What is her purpose for not wearing any anyway? Is she trying to make some sort of statement? Weird way to do it. Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@Topaz Gemwrote:

She does look good without makeup, but I think she looked even better with it.  It doesn't have to be piled on, but a little mascara would accentuate her beautiful eyes even more, IMO.  She seems to be on a type of personal journey at the moment and she feels like she needs to be au natural.  

It's my personal opinion that makeup helps to bring out a woman's best features, it doesn't cover them up unless you go way overboard.  I look better with it which results in me feeling more confident, but to each his own.

@Topaz Gem . I have to agree.  She's very pretty but a touch of natural makeup would only enhance her look as it does for most women.  There is a happy medium between no makeup and piling it on.

As for feeling "free" without wearing makeup I think that's up to each individual.  Some women have acne scars, red spots, veins, dark circles, etc. and feel more "free" wearing makeup which helps some to feel more confident to face the day...everyone is different.

Honored Contributor

Makeup has nothing to do with the kind of person you are.   I am the same person whether I wear makeup or not but I really love makeup and have no need to go without to "free" myself of what I don't know!   Without tinted moisturizer or Perricone No foundation foundation, my face would itch all day and feel dry no matter how much moisturizer I use and nothing to keep gunk from getting into my pores!  Nothing wrong with trying to improve on what you have naturally either.  I personally think Alicia looks rather dull and washed out and a bit of eye makekup would help but whatever she is trying to show by no makeup is her business.  It's all a personal choice for each individual.

Respected Contributor

I personally can't stand to look at her without makeup.  I can't stand myself without it lol.  Seriously she'd look so much more beautiful if she wore just a little makeup.  More polished.  Especially on TV or performing anywhere.  

Honored Contributor

Alicia IS wearing makeup.  Foundation and concealer for sure. 

What's missing is eye liner, shadow and mascara.  

That's what's giving the *no makeup* illusion/impression.

Honored Contributor

I think that Alicia Keys is gorgeous and super talented. I know years ago she had some skin issues, but her skin looks great now. I wear makeup all week to work every day, so on Saturdays and Sundays, unless I am going somewhere special it is a lip gloss and go day for me......

Uusually to church on Sunday, I will just dust a little Mineral Veil on my face and wear a little lip color and thats it. I think it nice to give your skin a breather every now and then.

However if we have somewhere special to go, then I do wear a light face of makeup. I think a little mascara and lipstick/lipgloss do wonders...... \

But I get that she is content without wearing any right now and if it doesn't bother her, it certainly isn't bothering me, and I think it is very refreshing to see someone not have to feel like they need a full face to do anything.....

Valued Contributor

I applaud her. Women should never feel lilke they have to purchase and apply makeup just to be accepted.  I wish more women would embrace the no makeup look.  I've always been a fan of investing in skin care over cosmetics.

Respected Contributor

She is a very nice lady but every time I see her on the Voice, I think "man, she would look SO much better with a little makeup!" 

Honored Contributor

@ID2wrote:

Sorry, not a fan of her look without makeup. What is her purpose for not wearing any anyway? Is she trying to make some sort of statement? Weird way to do it. Woman Happy

You know, au naturelle is the default position, so she could just as easily ask you why you do wear makeup.

I do wear makeup but don't get abrasive regarding another person's choice.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland