Honored Contributor

Re: Alec Baldwin Fired a Prop Gun Killing a Crew Member & Injuring a Director on a Film Set

@Malcontent wrote:

@x Hedge 

“When told he needed to shoot the scene again, Baldwin jokingly said "why don't I just shoot the two of you" then aimed and began firing the gun. Afterward Baldwin repeatedly asked “why was I handed a hot gun?” while the woman bled out. The Daily Mail reported.”

The under sheriff in New Mexico said a crew member told him the same story.

😧

Trusted Contributor

Re: Alec Baldwin Fired a Prop Gun Killing a Crew Member & Injuring a Director on a Film Set

@phoenixbrd 

He pointed a gun at these two people and pulled trigger. He is to blame.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Absolutely @mistriTsquirrel   I don't see any posts that takes "delight" in this tragedy.  I am not a fan of Alec Baldwin's past displays; however\; that doesn't mean I don''t feel compassion for him during this horrific incident.  No one here has expressed otherwise in spite of their politics or ethical beliefs.  I have not discussed blame (waiting for the facts), only sorrow for this tragic incident.

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Isobel Archer wrote:

Well even if the live round was for "effect," Baldwin would have to be told wouldn't he.  I mean how could he be allowed to point and fire a live round at someone in the movie as part of the script?

We don't know yet because the FACTS haven't come out yet! So why the speculation? Oh I know, because he's Alec Baldwin!

@JaneMarple   Why wait for facts when you can craft a story that suits whatever narrative you are invested in?  

Esteemed Contributor

😮This is heartbreaking news!😞There are just too many unknowns from which I can glean an understanding at this juncture.😐 My heartfelt thoughts and prayers of solace are with EVERYONE AFFECTED by such a horrific tragedy; particularly the families of the victims.❤🙏

I am interested in learnining the FACTS as they emerge, and how this may or may not proceed to a court of law, if applicable. I strongly hope it was an unimagineable, tragic accident, as has been stated.🤞 

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

Does anyone remember a model turned actor Jon-Erik Hexum? He was on this show Cover Up with Jennifer O'Neill and accidentally killed himself by a self inflicted blank cartridge gun shot to the head in 1984. He was 27 years old with a very promising career ahead of him ( he was also very good looking). With all the special effects and editing, why can't they put the gunshot in at a later date? Also you wouldn't think blank cartridges could cause such harm. 

@Jordan2 

I certainly remember Jon-Erik's death, so sad.

download (47).jpg

Super Contributor

Ladygray: ROTFLMAO
Honored Contributor

@EastCoastGal wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

Lots of questions. Why was he even pointing a gun at the cinematographer and director? Other actors tend to be most at risk as they're who the hero/villain typically points the gun at. Why point it at the cinematographer or director unless you're upset with them? Whether it was live ammo or blanks, he shouldn't have been pointing the gun at the cinematographer and director. Was he "playfully" shooting them assuming they'd be unharmed or shooting them out of anger/frustration? Either one is bad for him. 

@gardenman ... I agree! Lots of questions how this happened!

@EastCoastGal   Ditto.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Had he had bona fide gun training, this might not have happened. But he is Hollywood, the NRA is his sworn enemy.  

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
QVC Customer Care

Respected Contributor

@Malcontent wrote:

@x Hedge 

“When told he needed to shoot the scene again, Baldwin jokingly said "why don't I just shoot the two of you" then aimed and began firing the gun. Afterward Baldwin repeatedly asked “why was I handed a hot gun?” while the woman bled out. The Daily Mail reported.”

The under sheriff in New Mexico said a crew member told him the same story.

Where is this information coming from?  I just read two long stories about it in the Daily Mail and it is not there.