Respected Contributor

There is NO "Alec Baldwin case"

Honored Contributor

@Tinkerbell3 wrote:

@Tinkerbell3    I think we all agree, and he admits, he shot and killed someone.  Call it what you wish. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Alec Baldwin Case

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624    It's a tragic accident for sure.   Of course more needs to come out but it doesn't appear to me Alec Baldwin had any idea he had a live round in that gun.   I feel sorry for him.  He has to live with this tragedy that should not have happened.  Someone screwed up royally

Esteemed Contributor

Clearly, Alec B. is NOT to blame. I would posit that "accidents sometimes happen." An investigation should proceed so that everyone can learn from the tragedy. It just might be that someone (the armorer - hana) made a mistake. Period. No one has to "pay" or be sued or go to jail for an unintended mistake (assuming that that is what the investigation concludes).

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624   I read he went to the Hamptons or Martha's Vineyard the day following the shooting.  He may be back in his home area by now.

Honored Contributor

While I have a small amount of sympathy for Baldwin (it was not intentional)...it was his reponsibility to look to see if the gun was loaded, that is what you do BEFORE firing a weapon.  Obviouisly there was none to little gun training given to those on the set, or maybe he thought he did not need training.

I can only imagine what Baldwin would be saying if a high profile politial person had done what he did.

Respected Contributor

Ya know, someone  is sooooo stupidly negligent, or worse-  Not only did he pull the trigger (why would any adult, even if kidding around), but he was the Producer, he is responsible for the safety of everyone- He hired a 24 yr old girl for the gun safety staff- Ya really have to wonder?  He got fots in his head (RI) .... don't ask about that quote 🤣🤣🤣

Respected Contributor

Has anyone said where the armorer even was when the incident happened?  Maybe I missed it.

She needed to hand out the gun, having physically demonstrated that it checked as cleared with Alec. I believe set policy states it needs to be reviewed with the person who will be handling it. Alec missed this step, trusting what he shouldn't have. 

One professional armorer interviewed said he declined the job because managing weapons should be the only responsibility, but they wanted to add other roles, too. He said it was too dangerous to juggle this type of position. So, maybe she was out doing another requirement in addition to her dangerous role? They may have given this inexperienced young woman too much to handle. 

Lastly, if Alec was only practicing quick drawing the weapon, why point it at anyone to do so? You wouldn't even need to pull the trigger to practice the draw. There was a lot of desert out there to practice on. 

Honored Contributor

@Tinkerbell3 wrote:

@Tinkerbell3  Wow how literal. It doesn't always mean a legal proceeding. I took it to mean "situation" here.  Ever heard of "case in point"?  

Valued Contributor

Baldwin is probably huddled up with his lawyers and financial advisers, hiding his 60+ million. Hi is also a producer for the movie and should take some responsibility for the irresponsible way this movie was being made. Cutting corners to save a buck for the production and money makers.