Respected Contributor

I usually do a Jenni O turkey breast, it has the packet included to make gravy with the drippings.

Not a fan either of Butterball.

Trusted Contributor

I never buy Butterball. I only use Honeysuckle White turkey breasts as I find them to be higher quality. A few years ago I bought into the hype and made a fresh turkey breast from Whole Foods. Cost a fortune and it had no taste and didn't like the texture. Went back to Honeysuckle White.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for sharing @catter70....always like an additional turkey for hot, cold, & barbecue sandwiches, casseroles, soups, etc...just so many great meals you can make with turkey.

Respected Contributor

That's good to know. I was in Aldi's yesterday, and Butterballs were $1.39 a pound. The smallest ones they had were 16 pounds. 

Honored Contributor

The only thing with them, if they have a really good price on something, you need to be there Sunday morning when they open.  Once they sell out chances are they won't be getting any more for the week.

Respected Contributor

@Meowingkitty 

I have been eating Norbert turkeys for years.  My Mom always served them for our Thanksgivings and I have sometimes served them in the past.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Esteemed Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

@Meowingkitty 

Norbest?   Whose that?

I've been buying Norbest for years. Maybe it's a local Arizona thing. We usually have a choice of Jenny O, Norbest and Butterball and Honeysuckle White.

Honored Contributor

For some years now we choose to 'splurge' on a farm raised fresh young turkey from a local gourmet family owned market. We used to get the smallest whole but now we get just the breast but it's still large for leftovers. These are the best we've ever had, well worth our money.

Thanksgiving meal is my all-time very favorite to create, to have that aroma in the air, to carve into it all and thoroughly enjoy eating it. 

Respected Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

COSTCO has cases upon cases of Butterball boneless turkey breasts  approx 4-1/2#  something like $14  don't quote me on that, just glanced at them

Also, Juniors Cheesecake Devils' Food, if it didn't have that short of a date (due next week) I would of bought one.  This one was priced at amost $17.

@Just Bling  Mmmm, you had me at cheesecake.  🍰👹

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

@catter70 

Did you see it in their ad?  Just wondering how you know.

I get the early email ad and it was not in there.

I sure do not want to be in the Sunday morning crowd if it is not available in my area.