Honored Contributor

Love their stores. Clean, well stocked, lines move fast. I buy all my staples there because I don't care about brand names when it comes to sugar, flour and cake mixes. Dairy is good, but I buy meat at a meat market so I can't speak to their quality. My advice is to give Aldi's a try. If you don't care for their no frills style, go back to the market you had been using.

Trusted Contributor

The one nearest me is quite nice overall. Their selection is pretty plain jane, but that's fine by me. I go there primarily for produce and dairy products and am always surprised how good the prices are. I almost never shop at giant stores--they exhaust me and there's so much processed food that I wouldn't buy--but that said, I do stop by when I need something specific sometimes. Mostly I shop at Trader Joe's. I can get just about everything I need from week to week, and I do well there on price as long as I'm careful. Easy to overbuy with all the attractive and yummy stuff they carry. I go to CostCo every month or two to stock up some things. 

Esteemed Contributor

I am very happy the Aldis. I buy frozen speciallty dnners, mostly vegetable since we don't eat meat.  I also buy Salmon when available.  There are only two of us so I do not buy more than can use for the week.  My only issue is if I really like something the item may not come back.  In our immediate area there is only one Aldis but if Itravel  a few miles to WVA there is another one close enougt.