Honored Contributor

One opened locally here,went today, just not impressed at all,i prefer trader joes.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

I’ve never been impressed with Aldi’s. Even though TJ’s and Aldi’s are owned by the same parent company, they are nothing alike. 

I used to occasionally shop at Aldi’s in the ‘90’s, their selection of merchandise just wasn’t great. I happened to go to an Aldi’s last year, the stores were brighter, but still mostly private label food.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest, it takes a while to get used to.

They are no-frills store with a utilitarian set up.

We usually go once a week now and honestly there really hasn't been anything other than their version of Sweet & Salty granola bars that we wouldn't buy again.  

We find that they are at least 30-60 cents cheaper per item than the regular supermarket.

Esteemed Contributor

There’s an Aldi’s a couple of miles from my home.I’ve been in there maybe 3 times over the years. I’m not at all impressed.Never bought anything.I prefer Trader Joe’s or my local supermarket.

Honored Contributor

I really did not find much cheaper there ,i did buy ketchup,and mustard.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

It might be Ok ,but, I didn't see anything I wanted. I have never heard of any of the brands, and I am not a pig in a poke, type shopper

I would rather pay more, and be sure of the quality

Respected Contributor

I like Aldi & I shop there every 2 week...you never know what you'll find, lots of 1 time offerings & it's a nice addition to the local grocery store & Costco.The nearest TJ is 50 miles away so never go. I like having different options & Aldi is one of them.

Trusted Contributor

I love Aldi's.  Why would I pay $4.99/lb. at Publix for boneless, skinless chicken breasts when Aldi has them for $1.69/lb!  And better tasting too.

It's all house brands and they're good.  Less chemicals in many foods because their a German corp., not American.  Double your money back guarantee too.

I'm not a food snob.

Honored Contributor

Like cherry, I was put off by the unknown brand names.  Plus, a careful look of the ingredients of some items put a great fear in me.  All I could think of is "this cereal probably has sawdust in it as a filler."  I ran the other way.

Went in there maybe three times over five years ago.  What they were good for at that time were reasonably priced brand-name candies like Toblerone, and so I bought all my office Christmas gifts there. 

Honored Contributor

Aldi's is good for pantry staples/basic items.  Their weekly meat specials are usually very good.  What they excel at are their Weekly Specials which feature all sorts of seasonal things (like right now mostly outdoor/garden centric) but I have a lot of their small appliances, clothing and kitchen gear and am very satisfied with all of my purchases.  If not, save the receipt as they have a no hassel return policy.

And their Mango Habanero salsa cannot be beat.

I love Trader Joe's and used to shop there all the time but they are just not convenient to me since I moved.  It is a great store with a mind boggling array of yummy things in the space they are contained in that is for sure.  I do miss them at times but Aldi also does a good job especially at their price points.

eta:  Oh and this week their brioche hamburger buns are on sale and are a steal at $1.99! . . . Smiley Very Happy