Esteemed Contributor

@Boomernichols Not all of us live on QVC's Forum - so don't apologize.  Readers want to know the instant something makes NEWS.........but if you tell them twice - they spit.

I'm so frustrated with these attacks.

Esteemed Contributor

@Love my grandkids Sorry - didn't mean to give you a heart.

Esteemed Contributor

My husband's prostate cancer was caught very early and was not the aggressive type fortunately.  His surgery was this past January and pathology showed it was totally contained within the prostate.  All lymph nodes were clean.  My husband tells people his nagging wife saved his life...lol.  My career in the medical field made me very aware of early detection with PSA blood tests.  I insisted on a yearly PSA although his PCP said there are false positives.  Yes, there are, but if you get a positive result, you wait a bit, run it again.  If still positive, then you explore it further.  

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

thank you @Boomernichols for posting - no need to apologize

I don't always go to TV and Movies

I wish Al well - Haven't watch the morning shows for a long time but I always liked him  he started out as our local NYC weatherman a gazillion years ago

Valued Contributor

I'm glad to hear your husband is doing well, @MamaWick . DH has been living with prostrate cancer for several years.Even though his is contained, he gets his psa every 3 months. 

I remind him that he is blessed, because his cancer is an inconvenience; and in reality, that's something to be grateful for.  I'm very grateful to the many wonderful people that make up MD Anderson.

Honored Contributor
@fthunt What attacks?🤔
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Boomernichols 

Prostate Cancer is among the most preventable of all cancers. Off the top of my head, I know 6 good friends of mine that had Prostate cancer.

What did they all have in common?  "Ain't no doctor gonna stick anything up there"!  Not only that, they also decided they didn't want a blood test, so no PSA!  So far, only 1 of them has died from complications of it. 

Most chose the surgical route, while the others opted for the Radiation and Chemo treatments. The 1 that died was my closest friend, and I hounded him for years to get the Digital and the PSA tests. The same thing I did/still do, when it comes to a Colonoscopy.

I don't know anything about Al Roker other than he lost a lot of weight when I use to watch whatever Network he works(ed) for years ago. I wish him well, and if it was detected in it's early stages, his chances of living for more years is pretty good.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

@Love my grandkids Sorry - didn't mean to give you a heart.

Just an FYI, @fthunt. If for whatever reason you want to cancel a "heart," just click on the heart icon again to remove it.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee I'd   be happy to explain............many of us are busy with work - shopping - taking pets to Vet.....and only sign on to this forum at the end of the day to catch up.  Over those day time hours - news about public people or other events has happened....and often the retired folks at home have already and immediately written about it.

The busy people, unaware a news item has already been 'told' on this forum post again...and so many times get slapped for reporting event again. Like twice is illegal.

I certainly don't review 3 or 4 screens of today's postings before I post..

If you've already heard that information - just move on - because to many of us - it's new news - not a duplicate.

Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 Thanks - I tried it twice but was taken to the Twilight Zone.    Computer having a hick-up I guess.

LOL