Respected Contributor

Just heard on Inside Edition that Al Roker, the weatherman from the Today show was diagnosed with prostrate cancer.  He said it was discovered in a routine exam.  Please people, do not be lax on keeping yourselves happy and healthy with dr visits!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor
There is a thread in the TV forum started earlier.
Honored Contributor
@Kachina624 Your link doesn't work.
Honored Contributor

@Boomernichols This was posted earlier this a.m. 

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry to hear that Al has prostate cancer, but prostate cancer does not  = death sentence.

Prostate cancer is a v-e-r-y slow growing cancer, and in all honesty, men are far more likely  to die with  prostate cancer, than from   it.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

@Pearlee I am sorry as I have been at the vet today and was unaware of the previous post.  Sorry for the duplicate annoyance.

Valued Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

Sorry to hear that Al has prostate cancer, but prostate cancer does not  = death sentence.

Prostate cancer is a v-e-r-y slow growing cancer, and in all honesty, men are far more likely  to die with  prostate cancer, than from   it.

Thank you for mentioning this @Anonymous032819 .  Clearly no one ever wants to hear the word cancer. But, if every man lives long enough, he will likely have prostate cancer. Like anything, early detection is key.  

Trusted Contributor

I heard this today also. I sure hope they caught it in time and that he recovers well. Such a nice man.

Honored Contributor

@Boomernichols wrote:

@Pearlee I am sorry as I have been at the vet today and was unaware of the previous post.  Sorry for the duplicate annoyance.

@Boomernichols, I rarely open the TV and Movies forum, so I'm glad you posted here. I wish him well; it's always difficult to get a cancer diagnosis.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland