Honored Contributor

Re: Advice please. Who to call

There must be a gov. agency that regulates phone services. The F something, something. Look on your phone bill. Somewhere on there it must/should be stated which agency regulates the phone services. Report this situation to them.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

You need to get in touch with the FCC.

Complaining on the cable companies Facebook page may not get results since you are no longer a customer.

Honored Contributor

You can also file a claim at the U.S headquarters of the Better Business Bureau, which can expedite your problem and a solution.

Here's the link, and good luck!

http://www.bbb.org/council/

Trusted Contributor

On 7/30/2014 focksie said:

Your State Attorney General? The FCC?

I agree. I think there are Federal laws regarding your problem. However, if Verizon is the one causing the tie-up, you might as well thrown in the towel and just get a new phone number. For some reason, laws don't apply to them.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Valued Contributor

In California, we had a state Utilities Commission (PUC). In Arizona, we have one as well, it is part of the Corporation Commission - Utilities Division. Just google your state name with the words "Utilities Commission". They should be able to help you and you can file a complaint with them. Good luck!!

Honored Contributor

On 7/30/2014 focksie said:

Your State Attorney General? The FCC?

State public utility commission. File a complaint.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Do any of your local tv stations have "troubleshooter" investigative reporters? If so, call them & ask for their help. Businesses really hate getting negative media coverage. Good luck!