Honored Contributor

Re: Advice about court

[ Edited ]
I feel for you (( pianomama)). I shared a similar experience with my mother and, yes, it was in a regular court room, and it enriched two lawyers more than necessary. I edited my post because I wasn't comfortable with the personal info I put out here. Take care of yourself.
Esteemed Contributor

@Pianomama wrote:

Just an update.  I did not take her.  It was probably best that she didn't go. I saw on the courtroom door "no children" so it's a good thing she didn't.  It was hard for me today.  I did get good news, but my DH is in the late stages and very difficult to take care of. I am very emotional and was scared to death I would burst into tears in the middle of the whole thing.  BTW, we are in a courtroom and anyone can come in and listen, although i don't know why anyone would want to.The judge was pretty mild (for her.)  Maybe she had a good weekend.

I could write a book about what and what not to do for a conservatorship. Unfortunately, I made mistakes that cost me financially ,and I also have a young inexperienced lawyer that didn't help. I am just ready for it to be done..  Thanks for your replies.

((((((((((((((Pianomama)))))))))))))))))

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Super Contributor

Thanks for the hugs and well wishes!  That's so nice of you.

Respected Contributor

I am glad you didn't wind up taking her in. It must be hard on you and we all make mistakes. Too bad you didn't get good advice from others who know what to do. Don't beat yourself up, just continue the best way you can and perhaps you can help others in a similar circumstance like you are going through. Best wishes.