Occasional Contributor

Advice Needed - Dogs and Bayou Danger

Situation one - A friend's dogs jump into the bayou and frankly, it is not safe. With this in mind, would an invisible fence line running across the bayou access work to keep the dogs on land? I know an invisible fence will not prevent an alligator from coming onshore but my friend should be able to substantially reduce any danger risk by blocking water access, right?

Second situation -same dogs. Not all dogs like cats and it can be a danger for both animals. In that regard, if your neighbor's cats jumped the fence into your yard, what do you do? You don't want either animal hurt or worse, but how do you solve the problem in your fenced yard. For this circumstance, assume the neighbors don't care if their cats jump your fence. How do you try and protect both? Is a collar the answer? I have never had the situation so I can't advise a remedy. You can only try to stop your animals but how? The dogs are primarily indoor dogs but they play outside.

Any suggestions and advice on both these situations will be greatly appreciated. Thanks everybody, I look forward to reading your advice.

By the way, Happy Mother's Day to all the furbaby moms.