Honored Contributor
On 7/2/2014 i like celery said:
On 7/2/2014 evelomaddict said:
On 7/2/2014 Lotus~ said:

He sounds like some of the posters here.

thankfully, i've never seen anyone here say "Grab a razor blade and draw a bath. I doubt anyone will miss you." {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown} that's reprehensible.

I have - although they substituted razor blade with pills. {#emotions_dlg.sad} It was horrible. They quickly edited their post, but too late for those who were up late that night.

. WOW! Is that poster still here? I would think they would be banned, but you can tell their MO even under a different ID, yes? Eeps!

Super Contributor
On 7/2/2014 TheKingsMistress said:

He was being attacked and he lashed out. Did he lose his temper yes, did he mean to say it? - of course not. Does one or two remarks of his or anyone show you who they are as a human being? -absolutely not.

As someone in the public eye he should have shown restraint, but he is human and made a mistake.

Joan Rivers purposely says hurtful, vile things for laughs but gets a pass time and time again.

I will not judge him.

ALL.OF.THIS!!!!

he realized what he said and apologized!!! and yes these same people give joan rivers a pass all the time because "she is a comedian" as if that makes it better.

Super Contributor
On 7/2/2014 evelomaddict said:
On 7/2/2014 Lotus~ said:

He sounds like some of the posters here.

thankfully, i've never seen anyone here say "Grab a razor blade and draw a bath. I doubt anyone will miss you." {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown} that's reprehensible.

that is because you only registered here a little over a year ago. believe me - that much has been said and worse.

Respected Contributor

Much ado about very little.

Stupid remark about the razor and bath because you never know when you're "talking" to someone in the throes of a depression. Stupid but it seems no real harm done. It doesn't mean he is a terrible person.

BTW, who encourages anorexia? Never heard of this.

Honored Contributor

I'm not sure of the entire exchange but someone nicely, IMO, pointed out to Adam what #thinspiration meant. Then a few other people took exception to it and he went off. Following his tyrade, he stated there would be no apology forthcoming.

My guess is he apologized because he was told to. His new show called Man Finds Food which was supposed to premier tonight has been pulled for awhile because of his outburst.

Honored Contributor
On 7/2/2014 Free2be said:

Much ado about very little.

Stupid remark about the razor and bath because you never know when you're "talking" to someone in the throes of a depression. Stupid but it seems no real harm done. It doesn't mean he is a terrible person.

BTW, who encourages anorexia? Never heard of this.

ITA. I've never heard that term for anorexia either. I'm pretty sure he meant well.

Who hasn't said something they later wish they hadn't? I'll play - I have. Maybe I've never actually said something like that but I'll admit to probably THINKING to myself 'man, I wish s/he would go play with razor blades on the freeway' - or something like that.

But then, I'm not in the public eye and don't have qrap coming at me from every angle all the time. So it's easier for me to keep it to myself (well, 99% of the time) and not lash out. If I had stuff coming at me relentlessly, I'd probably eventually go off.

Trusted Contributor
On 7/2/2014 faeriemoon said:

I've never heard of the word ""thinspiration.""

faeriemoon-I LOVE the dentist storySmiley Happy

Honored Contributor
On 7/2/2014 buyornot said:
On 7/2/2014 faeriemoon said:

I've never heard of the word ""thinspiration.""

faeriemoon-I LOVE the dentist storySmiley Happy