Respected Contributor

Re: Actor Michael Constantine passed

@beckyb1012 wrote:

I never missed a week watching Room 222.  I could not wait to get to high school because of that show.

undefined

OH Man!!!!  I remember Karen Vanlentine.  This guy that I was friends with, he was hoping for more but for me, no dice.  Anyway, he used to say to people, hey doesn't she look like Karen Valentine?  I kept telling him, stop saying that I do NOT!!!  I mean she's okay but I just didn't like him saying that.  Made me feel "icky".  I have NO inkling why he would say that.  Crazy!  Anyway, I remember the guy that died, yeah, wow, I have not seen him on TV for so long.  Awwwww, RIP.  I thought that picture, the first one was from Mission Impossible, not The Fugitive but I'm wrong in my assumption, The fugitive is the right one. 

Respected Contributor

Is that Diane Carroll?  WOW!  She's pretty!!!  Reminds me of the TV Guide.  Remember that?  Wow, seems like a million years ago!!! 

Honored Contributor

@77yangya , I don't remember the actress's name but it's not Diane Carroll.  I remember that she was the ex wife of singer Bill Withers and said he was a wife beater and she divorced him for that reason.  Made me dislike him after that.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

My heart is broken.  Michael Constantine was a talented and skilled actor who had to have been very driven and inspired to go into show business, coming from the period and ethnic background that he did.   All the more power to him!

May his memory be eternal!

Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

@77yangya , I don't remember the actress's name but it's not Diane Carroll.  I remember that she was the ex wife of singer Bill Withers and said he was a wife beater and she divorced him for that reason.  Made me dislike him after that.

It is Denise Nichols.  She and Bill were not married long due to the domestic violence.  

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

RIP to a fine actor.  Enjoying the remiscences of him here on "Room 222".   He was a welcome fixture on so much of vintage TV, including "Perry Mason" and others.

He had that marvelous, craggy, "lived in" face, and soulful dark eyes, distinctive reedy voice.  Played everything from  twisted crooks and "fringe" characters, to warm, caring authority figures...

Not only was he just in an episode of "The Fugitive",  (where he was a police lieutenant with conflicting loyalties),  as @drizzellla mentions, but he was also in a recently aired episode of "The Invaders".   Here he is with another ubiquitous actor of the period that some here will recognize-   William Smithers.

MV5BZGMzMzllZmEtNzU2NS00NzNjLWI1NjItZjYzZWU1MzUwNGNjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjIyNjY0NjE@._V1_.jpg 

Another juicy role, in which he was a doctor who was medically treating his own, beloved younger brother, but betraying him also by covertly cooperating with aliens.  

Constantine seemed to be very good at playing these complex characters with ambiguous motives....   

Trusted Contributor

Sorry to hear of his passing; at 93, e had a long and successful career in many versatile roles. I enjoyed seeing him in everything I watched.

Respected Contributor

@qualitygal ~ "Put some Windex on it!"  😂

RIP Mr. Constantine 🌹

Honored Contributor

The Hustler is on TCM now, starring Paul Newmam. Michael Constantine is in it too. From 1961.

Honored Contributor

Us Baby Boomers from the 50's will always remember him as the high school principal on Room 222, great show !!!