Honored Contributor

Acrylic painting

[ Edited ]

You tube has two women and a man, doing this.  It's liquid and they pour it on canvas.  The colors mix and they are just beautiful.  Except for not liking the idea of wasting paint, I'd love to do that.  They are just beautiful and  I know I  could do it.  But,  aside from hoping to sell them all, what would I do with them?  I don't want to collect one more thing.

But, do you do this kind of art?

Honored Contributor

Re: Acrylic painting

[ Edited ]

Yes, if the colors appeal to me, I get great pleasure from looking at them.  I've had a similar painting hanging in my home since 1985, which is just blobs and streaks of color.

20210715_125900.jpg

The colors are much more vivid in person.  Poor lighting. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

We have sponge painted several walls in apts we have had, always a unique way to decorate

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

Re: Acrylic painting

[ Edited ]

@qualitygal wrote:

You tube has two women and a man, doing this.  It's liquid and they pour it on canvas.  The colors mix and they are just beautiful.  Except for not likeing the idea of wasting paint, I'd love to do that.  They are just beautiful and  I know I  could do it.  But,  aside from hoping to sell them all, what would I do with them?  I don't want to collect one more thing.

But, do you do this kind of art?

Donate them to organizations in your area that do auctions to raise money for charity. To get the most interest, I'd suggest doing various sizes and in colors that people usually decorate in.

Esteemed Contributor

The o/p is talking about acrylic pour art, where you take acrylic paint, pour layers of different colors into a plastic cup, and then slowly pour the contents of the cup onto a canvas, as shown in the video link.

https://youtu.be/PU_1d-jrv_I 

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.