Honored Contributor

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/federal-eye/wp/2015/07/30/first-class-stamps-will-cost-49-cents-...

On the Paul Newman stamp thread, someone mentioned a postage decrease coming.  This article above is so far the only thing I've found relevant to that comment on the PN thread, and it states that the current postage rates will have to be rolled back per a court decision, but it's assumed they'll be in effect at least until April 2016.  Interesting link.

I'm going to buy my PN stamps today which is why I wanted to see if I could find something about a decrease (which I found hard to believe!).

Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: About a Decrease In Postage

You can find quite a few stories about the decrease by doing an internet search for "postage stamp price decrease".

Sounds too good to be true, right? 

Honored Contributor

Respected Contributor

Sorry for the repetition.  I thought there were differences in the dates on those links.  Eyesight fails me again!

However, I saw a non-blog news story in the Washington Post a while back about the decrease, which is where I learned about it, and I decided this is definitely NOT the time to stock up on Forever Stamps!

I have a feeling, though. that our esteemed legislators on Capitol Hill will find a way to authorize keeping the price the same or even raising it.  The postal service needs the money too badly.

You can find plenty of other news sources for the story on the internet, though, if you want to read further.

Respected Contributor

I also had heard about a coming decrease a month or two ago, but I didn't know when or how much.  It's like you say, the government will surely find a way to continue the current increase and probably add another to it before we ever get a break!

Laura loves cats!