Trusted Contributor

? About Amazon returns at Kohl’s

When you return an Amazon item to Kohl’s does Amazon credit the credit card you use to make the purchase or just give you an Amazon credit?  How long does it take? 

My husband ordered boots and returned them to Kohl’s and was notified right after he got home that the return had been acknowledged. That was a week and a half ago and the credit has yet to show up on the credit card. I told my husband to check his Amazon account but he has yet to do so. Guess I’ll have to prod him to check. 

Valued Contributor

Re: ? About Amazon returns at Kohl’s

When you request the return on Amzaon I find it first defaults to a credit at Amazon.  You can override this and request it to your original method of payment.  If you take an Amazon credit it is availaible as soon as item is scanned at Kohl's.  Other than that it takes a day or so.  If he checks him Amzaon account the credit may have been put there towards a future purchase.  It is NOT easy to see when requesting the return.

Honored Contributor

mine have always gone back to my original form of payment.

i always get a confirmation that they received the item at kohls on the same day.....usually within a few hours.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Contributor

I have only made a couple of returns, and they have been credited back to my original form of payment.  Please check your account - I believe you can check a box indicating how you wish your "credit" to be returned (to Amazon or your original form of payment).

Good luck!

Honored Contributor

@akaburtonfan wrote:

When you return an Amazon item to Kohl’s does Amazon credit the credit card you use to make the purchase or just give you an Amazon credit?  How long does it take? 

My husband ordered boots and returned them to Kohl’s and was notified right after he got home that the return had been acknowledged. That was a week and a half ago and the credit has yet to show up on the credit card. I told my husband to check his Amazon account but he has yet to do so. Guess I’ll have to prod him to check. 

@akaburtonfan   I use the Amazon drop off at a UPS store, they wrap it, and once Amazon receives notice the package is on its way, I receive a credit.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you all for the replies. My husband printed off the return paper and I bet he didn’t notice that he had to tell them to put the money back on the credit card. That’s kind of sneaky of Amazon. 

Trusted Contributor

@kitty60 wrote:

When you request the return on Amzaon I find it first defaults to a credit at Amazon.  You can override this and request it to your original method of payment.  If you take an Amazon credit it is availaible as soon as item is scanned at Kohl's.  Other than that it takes a day or so.  If he checks him Amzaon account the credit may have been put there towards a future purchase.  It is NOT easy to see when requesting the return.

Yes everyone take note of this because I think it's fairly new. It will auto choose putting it on your Amazon account and below that is your original payment which you can change to.

First time this happened to me I misread it but you can go back and change it. I looked quick and assumed it meant it would go to the card I had associated with my Amazon account.