Frequent Contributor

Anybody here ever had ASTYM (tm) physical therapy?

--------------------

ASTYM (A-stim) treatment is a rehabilitation program that stimulates the regenerative healing process of the body. This approach is a non-invasive therapy that works fast and consistently.

The ASTYM system rejuvenates muscles, tendons and ligaments. It gets rid of scar tissue problems from old injuries in a fashion previously unimaginable. We have the scientific background, data and experience that proves it.

-----------------------

I am getting that therapy now for a sprained ankle.. almost done with my scheduled sessions .. but don't know anybody else who's ever had it.

Yes, at some points it's painful. But at any point, I can say "stop" and my therapist lifts her hands in the air IMMEDIATELY. She won't start again until I say "okay.. go ahead." The session lasts for maybe 5 minutes.

She REALLY knows what she's doing!! She mentioned to me in answer to my questions that she has 7 years of training specializing in ASTYM therapy.

But at each session, there's less pain. And I'm receiving GREAT results with it.

And yes, I do my home exercises.. twice a day. It's particular kind of stretches for 5 or so minutes -- twice a day. That's all. With a stretchy rubber band.

Here's the ASTYM site.

And here's the brief video.

Anybody wanna share their experiences with ASTYM?