Esteemed Contributor

Does anyone else notice the HIGHER overall price points of AS IS products? AS IS was my place to go.  I see a price change beyond what I want to pay.  I guess that is it for me. Not going to bother.  I do see the smallest of small sizes with lower prices but that is not  possible in my case.  

Honored Contributor

And I WAS a fan of lunchtime specials.  BUT the prices even there are more than I want to pay so I'll stick to Macy's (tons of sales and good quality) Marshalls and TJ Maxx.  And HSN has become like QVC.  They used to have frequent price reductions but ala QVC, that is no longer happening.  Too bad!

Honored Contributor

I was just looking at as is.  Yes, the prices are no where near where they used to be.  It's starting to be rare to get a true bargain in clothing.

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

And I WAS a fan of lunchtime specials.  BUT the prices even there are more than I want to pay so I'll stick to Macy's (tons of sales and good quality) Marshalls and TJ Maxx.  And HSN has become like QVC.  They used to have frequent price reductions but ala QVC, that is no longer happening.  Too bad!

Lunchtime specials and prime time specials are worse.  They are not special if they are not at least 1/2 off.  @kaydee50 

Esteemed Contributor

I am an online shopper.  We do have a Boscovs. We are not all that rich in mall opportunities since we only have one and it is dying slowly.  The other "passed away" over 15 years  ago.  

I no longer shop shopping networks.  Too expensive.  I do like online Amazon, Blair, Ebay and Zulily.  

Trusted Contributor

And the prices on the clearance items keep going up!

Honored Contributor

I haven't looked at AS IS or clearance in over a year -- why?   I can go to traditional stores to shop and I'll shop online when it's low amount to spend for "free" shipping.

I used to look for home, VPH items on AS IS.

With discounts, markdowns, coupons I'm saving more on the specific items I normally buy.  

Honored Contributor
Clearance is sometimes just a few dollars off the regular price. As-is should be a lower price since you are taking a chance on even buying it...last clicks should be lower also if they truly only have a few left and want to get them out of the warehouse....but it doesn’t seem to work that way any longer.
Honored Contributor
I think “ clearance” doesn’t really mean the same thing at the Q as it does in stores.
Honored Contributor

I posted about this at least a month ago.  ITA that the as-is prices have gone up. Way up.  Same with LTS and they are repeated over and over again.

I noticed the other day that HSN is now doing as-is.