Honored Contributor

This is the very first year I've noticed that this past Tuesday, November 22nd, I didn't see even one mention of it being the anniversary of President John F. Kennedy's assassination.   Nothing.

Anyone else?

Respected Contributor

Re: ANYONE ELSE NOTICE THIS?

i thought the same thing -  thought i just didn't happen to catch it.  perhaps we are moving on to memorializing every 5 years now, rather than every year.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

This is the very first year I've noticed that this past Tuesday, November 22nd, I didn't see even one mention of it being the anniversary of President John F. Kennedy's assassination.   Nothing.

Anyone else?

The only thing I saw - and I didn't have the TV on much yesterday - was that CNN replayed its series The Sixties last night and one of the hourlong shows was devoted to the assassination.  So I saw the whole assassination weekend again, including seeing Oswald shot in the basement of the police station, just as I watch it all unfold in 1963.  I can practically replay every minute of that weekend and what I and my family were doing on that Nov. 22nd.  Also our newspaper had something about it being the anniv. of JFK's assassination.

I'm thinking that at least The History Channel must have had something, as did probably other cable channels that have done programs on it before - they probably repeated them. But I can't say for certain.

Honored Contributor

I watched a few shows about the events of the day. I don't remember the channel. Maybe History channel? I don't know, but I watched for a few hours.

Regular Contributor

Chris Matthews mentioned it on Hardball, he is a big Kennedy fan. 

Honored Contributor

I guess the Kennedy dynasty is just going  quietly to go away. I don't think they are in the news. The remaining memebers of the family seem to live quietly. Time marches on

Esteemed Contributor

I also noticed it.  What was interesting to me is that while the Kennedy family is not in the news too much any longer, a local law firm now has affiliation with RFK, Jr.  They have just started the tv ads.  This really was what made me notice that nothing was mentioned about JFK.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

There were a few things mentioned on Facebook.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

There was a brief mention of this on a local radio morning program.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

I was watching Reelz channel which had programs about JFK on all night. Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength