Honored Contributor

ANOTHER CELL PHONE INCIDENT

[ Edited ]

A Utah man reportedly dropped his cell phone, ran a stop sign and smashed through a garage door while looking for it.

According to police, Janis Michael Threlfall failed to see or stop at a stop sign and failed to notice the road he was driving on was on a "T" intersection, taking him directly through a garage door of a home in a neighborhood. The man was driving the car on a suspended or revoked license and did not have insurance when he hit the home at 4000 West and 4600 South in Roy, Utah.

The home suffered extensive damage, as did the driver's car. Police said there were no injuries. 

Police booked the driver into Weber County jail for reckless driving and not having insurance or a license.

CONCENTRATE ON DRIVING AND NOT YOUR DARN CELL PHONE  .....SMH Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

Re: ANOTHER CELL PHONE INCIDENT

He will do no jail time.

He will get out, buy some quickie insurance for the judge and then cancel it or let it expire.

He had money for a car, gas and a phone but not for insurance.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@alarmclock wrote:

He will do no jail time.

He will get out, buy some quickie insurance for the judge and then cancel it or let it expire.

He had money for a car, gas and a phone but not for insurance.

@alarmclock 

Sad isnt it..............I wonder what the call was about that was so important....The poor homeowner will probably have to go through his own insurance and suffer whatever deductible he has....because the cell phone zombie probably has no money....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

People keep burying the lead with these stories.

The man is a BAD DRIVER.

He had a suspended/revoked license & didn’t have insurance.

The cell phone wasn’t the cause, it’s just on the long list of symptoms. 

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

People keep burying the lead with these stories.

The man is a BAD DRIVER.

He had a suspended/revoked license & didn’t have insurance.

The cell phone wasn’t the cause, it’s just on the long list of symptoms. 

@sidsmom 

The whole incident originated because he dropped his cell phone....Woman Frustrated   Would the person's house be unharmed if he hadn't dropped his phone?....things to make you go hmmmmm

Honored Contributor

I don't see that as a cell phone story at all.  The cell phone didn't cause that accident.  It's an irresponsible driver incident.  He lost his concentration, didn't focus on his driving and the rest his history.  We know his an irresponsible risk taker because he was driving uninsured without a license.  The same thing could have happened if he was listening to music or yelling at his kids in the back seat or if his cup of coffee fell out of the holder.  

Trusted Contributor

thI9173GLZ.jpg

Honored Contributor

Lucky thing he didn't hit the brick wall..........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

I see it from different aspects, but I still see it as a cell phone incident.

Of course the driver is reckless and has a history of infractions. 

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

Of course it's another story about a jack-hole with a cell phone... That the man might have otherwise been a moron is, of course, relevant, but in this instance it was his poor cell phone management that caused the problematic incident...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...