Respected Contributor

I get those e-mails all the time........

just delete.

it shouldn't be a scare at all, more e-mails come that i have packages at the fed x locations, packages here and packages there, it's pretty crazy that i'm so busy ordering that i didn't order anything.   nice try scammers.

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

I get those e-mails all the time........

just delete.

it shouldn't be a scare at all, more e-mails come that i have packages at the fed x locations, packages here and packages there, it's pretty crazy that i'm so busy ordering that i didn't order anything.   nice try scammers.

It was legit, @Just Bling  Someone hacked my account and changed info.  I could not log in to Amazon.

Esteemed Contributor

Scam emails waiting for your response.  Call Amazon and also you can report this online to Amazon by sending them a copy of your email.  

In any case DO NOT RESPOND.  

Respected Contributor

Re: AMAZON Scare

[ Edited ]

I better check my account. Just made 2 purchases last night. Thanks for the heads up.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Esteemed Contributor

I have friends who are always sending these cute little quizzes on Facebook.  Too many to even list them.  I simply ignore them.  Dangerous.

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I've always believed my Amazon account was secure.  I shop the site often and have a few subscription orders with them.  This morning I discovered two emails that came in late last night.  The first one said per my request they changed the password associated with my account.  The second one said they have changed the email address associated with my account.  The trouble is, I didn't make either of those changes.  On the second email, they gave the new email address.  Don't laugh, but it's obviously in Russia.  The name before the "@" sounds Russian too.  I've been in touch with Amazon's CS.  The agent was able to tell me the last order I placed, which I verified, and she was also able to remove my credit card information.  I'm hoping and praying it's safe.  In the meantime, my account is suspended until the "team" can investigate and get back to me (24 hrs.).  When they call or email me, I want to find out if there's a secondary method to secure my accound besides only using a password...maybe two passwords or a password and a numeric code or phone number.  I have no idea how this rat selected me but it's rather unnerving.

@JeanLouiseFinch  I’m sorry that happened to you...how scary!! Although it would be a pain, with all the hacking occurring, I’m thinking seriously about deleting account info, passwords, etc. from all sites I go to for purchases. I think it would be safer to sign on as a guest each time and have no info kept on the sites.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I've always believed my Amazon account was secure.  I shop the site often and have a few subscription orders with them.  This morning I discovered two emails that came in late last night.  The first one said per my request they changed the password associated with my account.  The second one said they have changed the email address associated with my account.  The trouble is, I didn't make either of those changes.  On the second email, they gave the new email address.  Don't laugh, but it's obviously in Russia.  The name before the "@" sounds Russian too.  I've been in touch with Amazon's CS.  The agent was able to tell me the last order I placed, which I verified, and she was also able to remove my credit card information.  I'm hoping and praying it's safe.  In the meantime, my account is suspended until the "team" can investigate and get back to me (24 hrs.).  When they call or email me, I want to find out if there's a secondary method to secure my accound besides only using a password...maybe two passwords or a password and a numeric code or phone number.  I have no idea how this rat selected me but it's rather unnerving.

@JeanLouiseFinch  I’m sorry that happened to you...how scary!! Although it would be a pain, with all the hacking occurring, I’m thinking seriously about deleting account info, passwords, etc. from all sites I go to for purchases. I think it would be safer to sign on as a guest each time and have no info kept on the sites.

Thanks, @Shanus, me too.  The convenience isn't worth the risk anymore.

Honored Contributor

@this is my nic wrote:

@jackthebear,

Please let us know how to find the FB purity, I missed it!  Is it an app?  Thanks! 

it's an add on 

let me see if I can link it here, www.  fbpurity dot com 

you can filter out anything you want, for example during the last election I  filtered out certain names, and never saw any posts from anyone about those people

Respected Contributor

Oh my the timing of this post  Smiley Happy I recently removed all of my CC information from the Amazon site.  I disabled the 1-click feature only to discover it was on again after I purchased a book...I will enter my CC information at the time of purchase...it was a convenience to just check out and not have to worry about entering CC data but I am finding it is easy for thieves to gain access as many of these sites are not secure..even when they claim to be. 

Honored Contributor

Re: AMAZON Scare

[ Edited ]

@JeanLouiseFinch

One of the reasons I dont like Amazon--- even though they are involved in technology development, they dont use their expertise for to keep customer information secure and safe. 

I desiginate a credit card for shopping, and check the purchases for scams/fraud, and pay off my card each month.  I had not made any purchases in a long time and had a zero balance. I made a purchase at Amazon (it wasnt a third party either it was directly from Amazon)....well guess what....I got an alert on a purchase(fraudulent) ....so my card was hacked, Amazon was the only place the card had been used last and the order was placed right on Amazons website.  And I NEVER SAVE PASSWORDS!  Checking out as a guest is best

When I got the alert of the purchase from my credit card I immediately notified them it was fraudulent, they canceled the card and took care of the fraudulent charge and implemented an investigation, and a new card was issued and I never ordered on Amazon again---no problems since ordering online with any other retailers... 

SO AMAZON CUSTOMERS BEWARE!!!  

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”