Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@catlover I have both a countertop convection oven and an air fryer and use both regularly.

I like the convection oven for morning toast or cooking meals that involve sauces and things like that but I love the air fryer for french fries and other frozen foods but it is great at reheating things.  Really brings leftover foods back to life in no time.  My personal favorite is either frozen fried chicken or reheating leftover fried chicken.  You could never tell it didn't just come out of a deep fryer and you'll be amazed at the amount of grease that is leftover.

I personally am very happy with both . . . Smiley Happy

THIS ^^^^^^

I have a convection oven in my Electrolux but have never used it.   I bought the Phillips when it was a special value because that's the one Williams-Sonoma carries and thinks is best.  At the time, a few months ago, both WS and the other channel had it for $99.  The other channel offered a few extras with it, so I got it there.

We do love it, it does have a large footprint, but it's easy to use.  I haven't made burgers in them yet, but I do have the pan so that I can.

Hi @momtochloe Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@hckynut

The big oven, whether convection or not, does heat up the kitchen.  I baked a pound of bacon on convection, then baked up a bunch of croissants on Saturday (dumb, but wasn't thinking!) and poor Eddy left the kitchen and was lying on the bathroom floor, beneath the window to cool off!  Had to turn the a/c up higher just to cool him down.  (Plus I read you can cook bacon in it - another plus for me! and hot dogs, a plus for Eddy!)

Honored Contributor

I am very interested in Emeril's Air Fryer coming up on the 17th, I want to buy, but wanted to see him use first, before I took the pludge, LOL!

Honored Contributor

Kachina624 wrote:

I don't know why anyone with a convection oven would need an air fryer which is the 2016, kitchen fad of the year.  They are big and take up a lot of counter space.  A convection oven is so much more versatile.

^^^ This!  It's the same thing as your convection oven but just another space hog.

I have a countertop convection oven and I really like it.    I can't even imagine wanting to spend the money on something like this, but that's me.  Maybe if somebody doesn't have a convection oven but still - money would be better spent toward a convection oven than another gadget-type thing, IMO.

Respected Contributor

It is K-four, four,four, eight, three. 3.5 q 1400W, $89.96

Honored Contributor

Okay...I am going to take the plunge and try the tsv.  My teenage son eats a lot when he gets home from school usually 2-3x.  I thought this would be great for making chicken and beef fast for him.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@MickD wrote:

Okay...I am going to take the plunge and try the tsv.  My teenage son eats a lot when he gets home from school usually 2-3x.  I thought this would be great for making chicken and beef fast for him.

@MickD if he eats a lot of frozen food when he gets home this will be the bomb for you!  Please know it also cooks non-frozen food beautifully but if you are  looking to either cook from frozen or reheat a meal portion (fried or not) these air fryers really work very well.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@momtochloe - oh good to know!  He's a HS swimmer and is always hungry.  I thought this would be a healthy alternative to junk.  I am not good at grilling.....especially in this heat, so this seems like a great alternative!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@MickD wrote:

@momtochloe - oh good to know!  He's a HS swimmer and is always hungry.  I thought this would be a healthy alternative to junk.  I am not good at grilling.....especially in this heat, so this seems like a great alternative!

@MickD for me, it's the bridge between a regular oven (I have a countertop Breville convection oven) and a deep fryer.  If you love "deep fried foods" this is a great alternative as you can take frozen food, toss it in the basket and have a snack in no time.  What I like is the amount of grease that is leftover whenever you make a batch of whatever will give you more than pause.  And if you are a wing fan, hands down best cooker ever!  Smiley Happy

If I have any regrets is that I purchased a smaller version and would love to have one that could air fry a half of a turkey breast . . . yum!

Contributor

Well Hello Everyone, I purchased Emerils air fryer, I live alone and hate cooking for just myself.. Plus I really dont know how to cook small meals,used to cooking large amouts. As I cooked for years in resteraunts then in a nurseing home,I am hopeing this will give me incentive to cook .. I eat poorly .so lets see.. I will let everyone know if it helps...!!! Have a great day !!