Trusted Contributor

@-DoobDoo------------Thank you for correction, I found the sound bite of Bruno making the the intro.  Color me embarrassed-----------tedEbear

Valued Contributor

She definately got rattled last night when the sound and microphone dropped out.  I think that impacted her overall performance.  Some of her notes sounded flat to me which is so unlike her.

Honored Contributor

I would have left Les Mierables at intermission if my companoon would have gone along!  I knew the music alrwady, but the play seemed to go on and on and on.  I slept through much of the final hour.

Based on recommendations of many friends I will try to get a  Hamilton ticket, probably have to be 2017 though.  I doubt anything will be available this summer.

Respected Contributor

I think the sound problem started right at te beginning with Taylor Swift.  She didnt sound too good either.  The Frey tribute didnt sound right either asnd Adele was terrible.  The audio guy was terrible as was the lighting too.

Honored Contributor

I do not know whether or not this is true but Sharon Osbourne said when something like this happens, the performer  (Adele) should remove her/his earpiece and sing with the piano.

I've seen numerous performances where the singer removed an earpiece and got back on track.

Putting the terrible pitch problems aside, in addition Adele's voice sounded strained.

Honored Contributor

I am so over Adele.  She's very talented but I can't listen to her anymore.  Her songs are played many many many many times every day to the point that cringe....just like Taylor Swift (though I haven't cared for her music ever...her target market is teens/young adults).   Radio stations ruined Adele's music for me.   

Esteemed Contributor

On GMA this morning they said that the sound device fell into the piano, her only accompaniment, and it rendered the piano off key. She still did a great job, but I can understand how that could rattle a singer, especially one who has somewhat of a stage/performance fright. It's difficult to hold key if your accompaniment is off key.

Honored Contributor

@tedEbear wrote:

@-DoobDoo------------Thank you for correction, I found the sound bite of Bruno making the the intro.  Color me embarrassed-----------tedEbear

Aw, nothing to be embarrassed about, @tedEbear, but you're welcome.    It was easy to miss what he said.Smiley

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

Shes a great singer, and I know people are blaming the sound system but at the Grammys her voice seemed out of key a few times. It can happen to the best of them. We all know she can sing so its not a big deal.

And to add- don't get me wrong her songs are well written, and we all love a good ballad, but for me a lot of her songs are very depressing.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Frequent Contributor

There was something wrong with the piano is what I heard.