Super Contributor

Re: A terminally ill 29-year-old newlywed's story.

On 10/12/2014 jubilant said:
On 10/12/2014 croemer said:
On 10/7/2014 scotttie said:

Sorry buddy. I don't believe in euthanasia. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

scottie, I saw your last post today on the other post where the commenting period was closed and I was surprised...and then...not so surprised. {#emotions_dlg.crying} I read, reread, and change my posts till I think I am not breaking the rules and what happened to you has happened to me more times than I think was necessary. I guess they just want us to all agree and turn into cookie cutter people. It especially is upsetting when you know,if it happens enough, that their own prejudice is getting in the way. The proof is in the pudding. I have never never ever reported anyone or anything but I am seriously thinking about airing my gripes on this one.

Sad huh?

Yes, very sad {#emotions_dlg.sad}.

agree, very sad. Some people get to state their opinions and stay, and others get to state theirs and go "poof" in the night.

Esteemed Contributor

This young woman made an informed decision based on her beliefs. Others decide differently.

I respect anyone's right to make their own decisions whatever they may be.

Respected Contributor

I've been reading about this story on CNN. I'm torn. She's not going to get better. There is no cure for her. Why should she suffer in those last days? I don't believe in suicide, but in this case, I can't make an argument for her not to do this. Praying for her and her family.
Respected Contributor

On 10/12/2014 baddest_dog said:

scottie, I saw your last post today on the other post where the commenting period was closed and I was surprised...and then...not so surprised. {#emotions_dlg.crying} I read, reread, and change my posts till I think I am not breaking the rules and what happened to you has happened to me more times than I think was necessary. I guess they just want us to all agree and turn into cookie cutter people. It especially is upsetting when you know,if it happens enough, that their own prejudice is getting in the way. The proof is in the pudding. I have never never ever reported anyone or anything but I am seriously thinking about airing my gripes on this one.

Sad huh?

agree, very sad. Some people get to state their opinions and stay, and others get to state theirs and go "poof" in the night.

Thank you ladies. I really couldn't believe it. It is indeed obvious that only certain opinions are welcome by the people who control these boards.

Respected Contributor

On 10/12/2014 Lila Belle said:

This young woman made an informed decision based on her beliefs. Others decide differently.

I respect anyone's right to make their own decisions whatever they may be.

Great post, Lila Belle. It is her choice and her beliefs. It doesn't matter what others may think.

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Honored Contributor

On 10/12/2014 scotttie said:
On 10/12/2014 baddest_dog said:

Sad huh?

Thank you ladies. I really couldn't believe it. It is indeed obvious that only certain opinions are welcome by the people who control these boards.

What gets me is no one said she didn't have a choice . OP started a discussion on it saying she had mixed feelings about it. Naturally, that opens up discussion for differing opinions. My post said nothing about it not being this young woman's choice....it was just an opinion. I didn't even discuss my religious beliefs because I didn't want to get OP's discussion "poofed". I am very concerned. I know this is not a government here at QVC and there are rules....but when you try so hard to discuss things and put a lot of thought into doing it in a way that won't attack or hurt another person...it is a hard pill to swallow and it feels so oppressive. {#emotions_dlg.huh} I don't feel sorry for myself. I have as much right to my opinion as anyone. I am going to save my posts so I can prove I have not crossed a line. There is something going on in this country that has a trickle down effect in everything it touches. It is here. It is real. It is concerning. This is America, this is QVC and I have as much right to my opinion as anyone else here and, like I said, I try hard to stick to the rules. It's been a learning curve for me. I taught myself pretty much how to even use a computer and I never did a forum till here and am not anywhere else...not even facebook or twitter. I try hard to be kind to everyone. I'm sure I have made some mistakes along the way but it is never my desire to cause someone else harm here. I know oppression when I see it. I'm not whining.....I am angry with the moderators. Enough said.

Respected Contributor

I do not understand her thinking on this, and I do not agree with it, either. I would seek out possible alternative treatments (as in complementary alternative medicine treatments) if I were told that allopathic medicine had nothing to offer me, and I would never give up hope that I might beat such a diagnosis or disease state.

ETA: I find it odd that someone who is trying to end her life, and who is seriously trying to enjoy her few last days until November 1st, has somehow found the time to set up a Brittany Maynard Fund that is part of a "right to die with dignity" organization such as Compassion and Choices. It is all very political and off putting to me. This whole article with pictures and video sounds way too much like an advertisement promoting assisted suicide for anyone given a frightening, terminal diagnosis.

Trusted Contributor

Only this young women, her doctors and family know the extent of her illness. Only she knows how much pain she is. Having sought every possible option, she has made a choice. I admire her determination to live life to the fullest and help others in the time she has left. Her choice, whatever it is, is a personal one and should be respected.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Valued Contributor

Sorry, I do not believe in euthanasia, abortion or any other tampering with life...it is a very slippery slope. I feel for her, it's very sad, but...jmo.
Honored Contributor

Update: She just went to the Grand Canyon. That was #1 on her bucket list. She may not end her life on Saturday.