Honored Contributor

A razor-sharp parody of the anti-gluten movement -- not to be confused with a medically diagnosed disease or problem

How To Become Gluten-Intolerant

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Re: A razor-sharp parody of the anti-gluten movement -- not to be confused with a medically diagnosed disease or problem

N/M I messed it up.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Regular Contributor

Re: A razor-sharp parody of the anti-gluten movement -- not to be confused with a medically diagnosed disease or problem

Priceless! Loved the video. Thanks for posting. I was diagnosed with Celiac disease 1-1/2 years ago. Up to that time I thought of "gluten free" as the next great fad. Geez, how I miss rye bread, crusty pizza and real bagels.....

Honored Contributor

On 3/21/2015 anisa said:

Priceless! Loved the video. Thanks for posting. I was diagnosed with Celiac disease 1-1/2 years ago. Up to that time I thought of "gluten free" as the next great fad. Geez, how I miss rye bread, crusty pizza and real bagels.....

I'm so pleased that you, a person with celiac disease, can appreciate the humor in skewering the anti-gluten bandwagon.

Trusted Contributor

""Gluten is what killed Gandhi""

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Honored Contributor

Studies show that even though some actually have an official, doctor-approved stamp of approval, gluten intolerance....many, MANY more that were given a placebo, turned out to be just fine. In fact, of those that were told they got gluten, but actually got a placebo, actually felt they got worse (IOW, it was all in their mind).

I think a large part of the gluten-bandwagon people gave up eating processed carby cr.ap...that's what made them feel better, not the gluten, per se.

Gluten-free is following the same path as the 90's fat-free. Started off as a good idea & helped many, but somewhere along the line, it gets twisted & causes more harm than good. The GF items can still be wrapped w/ salt/oil/sugar/dairy...all which could be the cause of bloating & GI distress.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the parody.

I know several people who have been diagnosed with celiac. I love my glutens and would feel really sorry for them if they didn't feel so much better following their gluten-free regimens.

Honored Contributor

On 3/21/2015 adelle38 said:

I know. That was priceless.

Honored Contributor

On 3/21/2015 adelle38 said:

""..(friends) that met your Da Vinci Code of your Gluten Free Demands""

Respected Contributor

That was pretty funny...thanks for sharing.

Understand that when no one’s around you sometimes become less gluten intolerant.

How does this happen? Well based on medical evidence that is yet to be discovered there is a direct correlation to how many people are around to how gluten intolerant you are.

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy