Honored Contributor

Re: A razor-sharp parody of the anti-gluten movement -- not to be confused with a medically diagnosed disease or problem

Loved video! Well done. I would like to add my 2 cents for waht ever it's worth. Most of those gluten free prepared items are not really healthy. Loaded with sugar and other chemicals.

I was in the store by the rice. It was labeled, "naturally gluten free".

Honored Contributor

Re: A razor-sharp parody of the anti-gluten movement -- not to be confused with a medically diagnosed disease or problem

I've actually seen a lot of foods, such as vegetables, labeled "gluten free". Well...duh.
Valued Contributor

suzyQ ~ i really got a kick out it, too. And your thread title was worded perfectly, i must say!!! 'No mistaking what we're here for! {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Anisa ~ 'hope you are doing well (((hugs))) ~ I'd have a hard time giving up the rye bread. I'm Polish, and for most of my early years, i didn't know there was any other kind of bread!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Kindness is a gift everyone can afford to give.
**Be the reason someone smiles today : )
Honored Contributor

On 3/21/2015 SuesCat said:

suzyQ ~ i really got a kick out it, too. And your thread title was worded perfectly, i must say!!! 'No mistaking what we're here for! {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Anisa ~ 'hope you are doing well (((hugs))) ~ I'd have a hard time giving up the rye bread. I'm Polish, and for most of my early years, i didn't know there was any other kind of bread!

Haha...I really did struggle with the wording.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

This is so funny. I was just sitting in a bar last night with my husband and the lady next to us was laboring over the menu telling anyone who would listen how she couldn't have gluten. She finally decided on something and then ordered a beer.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

There are some gluten free beers...but most of them....no!

Respected Contributor

Very funny and well done. I recall many years ago when it seemed like low blood sugar was the popular malady. People I knew were carrying their little snacks everywhere they went to avoid falling over. Fibromyalgia is another one that took off like gangbusters.

Respected Contributor

okay...................THAT was HYSTERICAL ................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Respected Contributor

I just watched a show on the Bellyfat diet on PBS. It's interesting what grains, rice, corn and seeds do to the body.

Chronic illness, diabetes, heart disease and autoimmune disease can be traced back to inflammation from eating these items. Many times when they stop the problems go away on their own.

Since no one knows why people change their diets, I wouldn't make fun of anyone who chooses to try to make themselves better.

Honored Contributor

Now THAT was funny.