Honored Contributor

Re: A new home for the Beckhams?

@gidgetgh wrote:

@cherry wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

Bottom line, it is terrible to assume things about anyone because of how much money they do or don't have.  Same thing

It is also a good thing to admire people who have been successful because how on earth otherwise do we teach kids to aim for success in their lives?  

We teach them "do what you love" they they are upset when they are living in a tent at 35.   When and why did it become a sin to be successful and WORK HARD????

I don't think anyone on this thread thought it was ,until a couple of scolds put their own twisted spin on things

"until a couple of scolds put their own twisted spin on things".  I don't like the term "twisted spin" @cherry.  I'm one of the "scolds" you're referring to.  Twisted is a strange and insulting word to use for a simple reply on a thread.  I don't appreciate it.  I really don't.  It's not nice.

Post #6 referred to wishing that people would "do some good with their money" .  That's what I was referring to and I stand by my earlier post.  I posted within the rules of the forum and have a right, within those rules, to post it.  You seem insulted that a few of us responded as we did.  No need.  Just stating my opinion on one of the posts, just like you.

Then perhaps you should have addresssed your remark to her ,instead of lecturing the whole thread, and it was a twisted spin imho. none of the rest of us said a word about the things you posted about

Esteemed Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

ahhh yes, the ol' judging people with alot of money posts. Gotta love it. I really despise the assumptions that people with alot of money aren't also doing good things.None of you have ANY idea what all they or anyone other rich person does with their money just because they don't advertise it on a daily basis. And if they DID advertise it, you'd bash them for that as well and say it is all for attention and isn't for the right reasons. Simply put, you are darned if you do and darned if you don't.

It is sad in America that you are judged, scolded, condemned, etc for being successful and that you aren't allowed to have anything nice because, apparently, you should spend all your money supporting and helping others or some worthy cause.

SMH.

@HappyDaze

That's not true.  I do have some idea because I checked.  I have found that most celebs who have a great deal of money are very generous in giving to support various causes.

@Noel7I was not referring to you- I thought that was obvious in my post what posts I  WAS referring to. I was referring to those stating that they'd like to see rich people doing things for others instead of buying nice shoes, large homes, etc.

@HappyDaze

You said "None of you..."

Oh geez and I also said right before that : "I really despise the assumptions  that people with alot of money aren't also doing good things." Next came the "none of you.." part referring back to that prior sentence. Hopefully that makes it clear for those of you that only thoroughly read a portion of my post.

@HappyDaze

I read your entire post.  Maybe you should stop with your assumptions, you haven't got it right yet today and you seem to be spoiling for a fight with anyone.

@Noel7@ Be careful with this poster.  She doesn't comprehend what she reads.  I learned the hard way.  But like @HappyDaze would say "Lessons Learned." 

Honored Contributor

Just saying my opinion just like you

Esteemed Contributor

I like cozy. I wouldn't want a house that large.

Respected Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

If you are planning to run a business out of your home, you better check the zoning first..................especially if your clients require parking

Well, it's not like they'd be selling merchandise from their home or opening a store-front business.  It's their personal work space within the home.  As far as zoning problems, I'm almost positive they have a staff of attorneys and business managers to screen out any such problems.  And didn't I read there's enough space to park about 100 cars?

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~