Honored Contributor

Re: A happy day

[ Edited ]

I believe my neighbor, whom I have known for 45 years ,@Esme..He is honest as the day is long. He told me they told the lied and I believe him. He has never given me a reason not to. He is a law abiding man and a very devout person, this I know for sure

If I ever observed my neighbor driving badly, I would call the police and report him..I see no reason at present ,why he is unfit to drive, and neither does his Dr ,or the police...he has never had an accident in the 45 yeas I have known him

I reside in Mi and we have no fault insurance,, They don't ticket in a parking lot

Trusted Contributor

I believe you're a valuable asset to the neighborhood..

Keep watching!

Esteemed Contributor

@cherry Another question… How was his drivers license revoked without some kind of citation or a charge?

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@esmerelda he made them call the police. The women didn't want to. The police made an accident report ,and  due to his age ,the policman decided he should be retested. He has no record of tickets or accidents

It is just a routine practice here ,when an elderly person is involved in an accident

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

And in the meantime, between the accident and the retesting, they took away his drivers license?

ETA...Why not just suspended for a month or two until he could get the retesting done?

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes they do that until you retake the written and driving test . They do it routinely. They also make people who have suffered a  stroke not drive for a period of time, and then be retested, to make sure they are safe @esmerelda

It took him a couple of months to get an appointment for restesting. You can't just go in and demand to be tested, you must make an appointment and wait until they have an opening. He was waiting for 2 months, but they don't let you drive in the interim

Trusted Contributor

@cherry wrote:

Yes they do that until you retake the written and driving test . They do it routinely. They also make people who have suffered a  stroke not drive for a period of time, and then be retested, to make sure they are safe @esmerelda

It took him a couple of months to be an appointment for restesting. You can just go in and demand to be tested, you must make an appointment and wait until they have an opening. He was waiting for 2 months, but they don't let your drive in the interim

That's awful for those elderly people.

Esteemed Contributor

@cherry wrote:

It took him a couple of months to get an appointment for restesting. You can't just go in and demand to be tested, you must make an appointment and wait until they have an opening. He was waiting for 2 months, but they don't let your drive in the interim

@cherry I understand that about stroke and other medical conditions. But according to you and this man, he did nothing wrong.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@esmerelda he didn't do anything wrong. They just decided to make him get restested because of his age. It happens a lot here. It is just a routine practice here..

Respected Contributor

@cherry   In reading some of the, dare I say,  not so nice posts here, know wonder many think twice or not at all about beginning a thread.  Seems no matter what the thread is about, someone will always find fault with it!

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!