Esteemed Contributor

There is no reason that the baby needs to be left alone with the dog.  If it is a new baby, he or she is always with someone.  If necessary, a baby gate can be use for the dog if it is pesky or just to keep some space but the dog is still able to see everything.

Always a good rule to never allow a baby and a dog alone. Not worth the chance, and we always had a dog with all of our children.

Valued Contributor

@colliegirls  I didn't really mean to imply the baby and the dog would be alone.  The baby is scooting around on the floor and the dog is loose.  The baby's parents just want the dog restrained.

Respected Contributor

the issue is not really about a dog or a baby.  the issue between these grown boys did not start now.  it was something before and something before that.  sadly, they can't even stop to allow their mother to exit this earth without that continued type of drama.  

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Valued Contributor

@TheMemphisVette You know, you may be on to something.  It's just a sad situation.  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

I'm sure the Grandmother would want to see her grandchild,she might not care about the dog

I love animals, but I would never put one on par with a baby

Honored Contributor

I don't have a dog but I do have 2 cats.  If someone came to visit and had a problem with the cats, for that amount of time I'd put them another room with their 'stuff'.  

According to "The Dog Whisperer" Dogs live in the NOW.  They won't get upset just being in a room for a short amount of time while people visit with each other.

I agree it's not about the baby or the dog, it's about these two brothers and parents who need to 'grow a pair'.  

If it meant I couldn't spend time with my grandchild, I'd TELL the son living in MY house to take the dog for a walk or somewhere while I visit with the other son's family (since the mother can't leave the house).

Again, it's not about the baby or the dog, it's about the parents and these two idiot sons.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't understand why the dog can't be left home for two or three hours. We have two dogs, a cat, as well as a bird and all of them stay home when we visit friends and family. When we both worked our dogs were home all day by themselves and did fine.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

@pattypeep wrote:

I don't understand why the dog can't be left home for two or three hours. We have two dogs, a cat, as well as a bird and all of them stay home when we visit friends and family. When we both worked our dogs were home all day by themselves and did fine.

ANy normal person feels the same. But when you want to  create drama you make it all about the poor innocent dog. I feel sorry for that dog

Valued Contributor

I agree, @pattypeep.  The eldest boy insists on his doggie "child" having free run.  It's just ridiculous.

Honored Contributor

He must be a real piece of work to do this to his dying mother