Respected Contributor

A bragging thread. Feel free to join in about ANY brag.

I was told today by a complete stranger that I look 45. Stated by a guy who overheard my actual age when I was speaking to someone else. Works for me! DH has also said that I look mid 40's but it was nice hearing it from someone I don't know. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor

Re: A bragging thread. Feel free to join in about ANY brag.

Nice for you! I spent $2250 today for....lasik surgery on my left eye! Was going to make paragraphs and leave you all thinking I spent it on a handbag! But still can't do that on this board with an iPad.
Respected Contributor

On 3/31/2015 september said: Nice for you! I spent $2250 today for....lasik surgery on my left eye! Was going to make paragraphs and leave you all thinking I spent it on a handbag! But still can't do that on this board with an iPad.

Wow, I had no idea Lasik surgery was so costly. When will they be doing your right eye?

Honored Contributor

It's $5000 for both eyes where I live. I'm hoping that one eye does the trick for me. One eye for reading and the other for distant vision. I did a trial run with a contact in one eye and it seemed good.
Respected Contributor

On 3/31/2015 september said: It's $5000 for both eyes where I live. I'm hoping that one eye does the trick for me. One eye for reading and the other for distant vision. I did a trial run with a contact in one eye and it seemed good.

Oh. Sounds very good september. Wishing you great success!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Thank you, shade! If my eyes don't like being different, for whatever reason, I can have the procedure done on the other one next month. But I'm already doing fine, switching from using my iPad, to watching something on TV, across the room. So I think it will be good. Money well spent...much better than buying a designer handbag!
Super Contributor

I slept in a hotel room last night. In a king size bed. My husband took me to a hotel with a king size bed. I didn't have to wear clothes to bed if I didn't want to. I didn't have to wake up in the middle of the night, put on pajama pants and run into a kid or a step-kid while walking down the hallway to go to the bathroom..... the bathroom was right there in the hotel room! Last night I felt like I had my own bathroom off from my bedroom! It was wonderful!

Respected Contributor

On 3/31/2015 LucyGoose said:

I slept in a hotel room last night. In a king size bed. My husband took me to a hotel with a king size bed. I didn't have to wear clothes to bed if I didn't want to. I didn't have to wake up in the middle of the night, put on pajama pants and run into a kid or a step-kid while walking down the hallway to go to the bathroom..... the bathroom was right there in the hotel room! Last night I felt like I had my own bathroom off from my bedroom! It was wonderful!

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

On 3/31/2015 LucyGoose said:

Cool!

Respected Contributor

On 3/31/2015 september said: Thank you, shade! If my eyes don't like being different, for whatever reason, I can have the procedure done on the other one next month. But I'm already doing fine, switching from using my iPad, to watching something on TV, across the room. So I think it will be good. Money well spent...much better than buying a designer handbag!

September, I had lasix on both eyes about 15 years ago. It was the best thing I ever did for myself. At the time it was $2500 for both eyes. Such a bargain. A few weeks ago I had to have cataract surgery on my first eye. The next one in about a month. Again, it is a miracle what they can do with eyes these days. Enjoy!