Honored Contributor

Re: A ? about backing out of a parking space.

@catwhisperer Because you know it's TRUE!! We and our dirty mouths are on candid camera somewhere.... Smiley Very Happy

Valued Contributor

@catwhisperer wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

Imagine being a small passenger car and being completely blinded by the larger cars next to you.

It never ceases to amaze me when I deliberately park away from everyone to avoid just that that a large suv or truck just has to park next to my small car despite other open parking spaces.  

Little cars can't see over big ones especially when backing out.  If you drive a large vehicle and have the option to leave a small car alone, please be courteous and let us drive safe too.

This happens to me ALL the time. I curse a lot.Cat Mad

I drive a SUV and always park in the last space at the back of the lot.  I've seen people drive around and around waiting for a front spot.

Esteemed Contributor

Are you in Arkansas? This is a regular occurence for me too. And a few years ago, a beloved teacher was hit at our wal mart. She is doing ok now, but it was a serious injury, because someone didn't stop at the crosswalk and she was half way across it when hit by guy going too fast anyway.  

I wish people would start paying attention.

Esteemed Contributor

I always back in to a space so that I am pulling out.  Even with a car camera, it can be dicey if backing out.  While I do very little driving, and there is not much traffic where I live, it has become crazy at our Y.  We have one-way lanes around the facility, and people, who are there to work out, do not want to take the chance of having to walk to the door.  So, some people decide to go the wrong way to snag a parking spot closer to the door.  The Y even put up huge signs to no avail.  If I am pulling out and someone wants me to back up so that they can get a good spot, I refuse to move.  Being retired, I can sit there in my car all day.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

@Warrior2022....thank you for being considerate. Unfortunately, many people are not. We live in a me, me, me world. Big rush, everybody is in a big hurry. No caring about others. Sad.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Trusted Contributor

This seems to be the new normal.  On Monday, a car was backing up, about halfway out,  when the car next to me started driving through the space in front and tried to drive around them. I would have freakin' stayed there to be a witness against them if they caused an accident.  

Today someone walked right behind my car as I was backing out.  

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Respected Contributor

Happens all the time & I'll add an even worse problem is people on phones, they don't  pay attention to where they're walking & their kids are left to trail way behind them so I no longer back out of parking spaces, I always pull through...I've seen way too many close calls.

Respected Contributor

@Blahblahvampemer...if I see someone trying to back out, I stop and wave them back. I am not in that big of a rush that I can't let someone back out of a parking spot. Some people are so rude and just plain stupid.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Trusted Contributor

@catwhisperer wrote:

@Blahblahvampemer...if I see someone trying to back out, I stop and wave them back. I am not in that big of a rush that I can't let someone back out of a parking spot. Some people are so rude and just plain stupid.

I do that as well.  Just seems to be common sense.

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Esteemed Contributor

I would never get out of my car and confront someone.

You never know when they might go off and beat the living **** out of you.

Just because it hasn't happened yet, doesn't mean that it can't, or won't happen.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.