Super Contributor

A QUESTION RE THE ROYAL WEDDING

I have watched many TV shots of Meghan in the car on the drive to her wedding, some from up above and slanting down into the car, but only Meghan and her mother Doria seemed to be in the car.  However, when she arrived at the church, only she and two pageboys were in the car and her mother seemed to arrive earlier in another car.

Question:  At what point in the drive did they change cars...? 

I have listened to later reports on TV, looked it up on my computer, etc., but so far I cannot find any mention of when this switch was made.  This is so very unusual that I am wondering if I imagined it...? 

I would really appreciate your observations before I convince myself I am going crazy.

Respected Contributor

Re: A QUESTION RE THE ROYAL WEDDING

I have been wondering about that too.  

Honored Contributor

Her mother was dropped off at a different entrance.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Valued Contributor

I noticed that too.  LOL

I think her mother got into another car and then the little boys got into Meghan's car.

They must have done that out of camera range.  

Super Contributor

Doria was with Meghan the entire drive.   The car stopped and dropped Doria  at the one entrance to the church.   Then the car continued with Meghan and the pageboys to the other entrance of the church.

Valued Contributor

@Tallgal wrote:

Doria was with Meghan the entire drive.   The car stopped and dropped Doria  at the one entrance to the church.   Then the car continued with Meghan and the pageboys to the other entrance of the church.

That makes sense.

Super Contributor

I hadn't realized that Doria was dropped off first at another entrance.  I am guessing that the pageboys got into Meghan's car at that entrance.  Many thanks for your replies.

I am so glad I am not going crazy...!

Frequent Contributor

They dropped off her Mother at one door so she could be seated in the Chapel, then went to a designated spot to await the signal that it was time for her to enter.  It had been announced several days beforehand that she planned to walk the first part alone.  The only difference was that Prince Charles - at her request - filled in for her Dad.