Trusted Contributor

@Lakelife62 wrote:

@sligo wrote:

@SaveTheTurtles , They were invited. Harry chose not to attend. Did not want to be with William. Very sad. Harry and the groom were always close friends.Bet Megan wanted to be at wedding..  LOL

How do you know this?

The more practical reason is the press would have made a huge mess of the bride and groom's wedding day. They would have been camped out, taking pictures with long lenses and intruding on everything. There is no way Harry can go anywhere in Britain, outside of staying put on royal properties) without creating a feeding frenzy for the trash media in England. 

I'm pretty certain Harry stayed away as to not create chaos on his very good friend's special day (Hugh Grosvenor is Archie's Godfather).

I also read this a while ago. 

Valued Contributor

Re: A PRETTY WEDDING

[ Edited ]

I saw this nice picture of William and Hugh from 2004, and thought that Hugh looks pretty much the same as in the wedding photos! Taller and more mature of course, but still has that baby face. At 33 years old I believe he will probably continue to look young until a little gray sneaks in his hair Woman Very Happy

Screenshot 2024-06-10 165254.png

Respected Contributor

Re: A PRETTY WEDDING

[ Edited ]

I agree that Eugenie's dress doesn't do her justice; she is a very pretty young lady but the drab color with the pleats, long sleeves, etc. just didn't work. Would like to have seen her in a more summery color that would go with her hair color and wearing a piece of jewelry. Am sure she has access to some stunning pieces.

Honored Contributor

WHY does a post about a wedding have to devolve into yet ANOTHER post bashing Harry and Meghan? I don't see any opinions back up by actual facts.

I like them both but then the usual suspects make this about Harry and Meghan. Give it a rest.

Respected Contributor

This is what I call understated elegance.  Very sophisticated.

I saw other photos on the internet and I noticed some of the guests wore quite bright colors and large prints.  

Handsome groom and beautiful bride.  

Respected Contributor

I doubt very much if Harry and Meghan were invited; they would be too much of a distraction; the paparazzi would be everywhere. I am sad that William had to attend alone, but understand why Kate could not attend due to her treatments. I am sure it takes a lot out of her and hope they are coming along successfully. I do pray she is improving.

Honored Contributor

Harry and Hugh were long time close friends. Under former circumstances Harry would have also been a groomsman. Naturally, his absence would be noticed and discussed.

None of the posts have bashed anyone, most posters are just saddened by the brother's estrangement.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

They look like brother and sister.  Handsome couple.

@Kachina624 They probably are related.  Royals usually marry within the allowed bloodlines.

Esteemed Contributor

I think her gown is beutiful.  I like the simple and elegant.  

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust