Honored Contributor

Was looking through a guilty pleasure, "People" mag., and spotted Rihanna in a cute, messy, beach wave-y short bob.  Her bangs were long and sort of split in the middle.

I don't really follow her, but thought this was one of the best looks on her i've seen.  Am curious as to how many here like the many versions of the bob?  How many have one?

It's so wearable and cute. In the same issue as Rihanna, there was a story on 78 year old actress Diana Rigg, and what was she sporting-- her trademark bob.  (Although when she played "Mrs. Peel" on the 60's show the Avengers, she was all about long, flowing locks.)

Long live the bob!

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell Could you post a picture of Rihanna's new hairstyle 💁? Thank You 

Honored Contributor

@Oznell I love the bob and have had a long bob, and now a short bob.....short in back graduating to longer in front.....no bangs and beachy waves.....or curls depending on the humidity.  No fuss no muss.  Air dry and go.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@Oznell Was it like this? These came up for Rihanna bob 2017. I think she is unbelievably beautiful.

I just got some of her Nude perfumed body mist at TJ Maxx, I love it.

rihanna-bbmas-getty.jpg

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

rihanna-bbmas-getty.jpg

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

Re: A Good Look for Rihanna

[ Edited ]

I was about to apologize to Nicksmom that I don't know how to put pictures here, then greeneyedlady found it!  The second one posted.  Thanks, greeneyedlady!

She is unbelievably beautiful.  Those eyes--  are they amber, hazel, maybe with green overtones?  I love everything about both bob looks on her, including her earrings...

The first one is fabulous also-- it almost has the look of the "marcelled" waves of the past, that you might have seen on vintage beauties like Josephine Baker or the young Tallulah Bankhead...

Honored Contributor

MickD, your bob sounds cute and timeless.  I love it when they graduate toward the front.  it's usually so flattering.  I also like when they moderately "stack" the back, so it somewhat poofs out in a rounded shape that follows the shape of the back of the head.

Sorry I don't know all the stylist's terms-- is "stacking" the word for that look in the back?

Honored Contributor

@Oznell Yes!  That's exactly what I have.  I have no hair....really thin, so it really is timeless for me.  I'm 50.....so it is what it is!  My stylist, in the past, would always want my hair to grow out.  No more asking - I say chop it off!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

MickD, your bob sounds cute and timeless.  I love it when they graduate toward the front.  it's usually so flattering.  I also like when they moderately "stack" the back, so it somewhat poofs out in a rounded shape that follows the shape of the back of the head.

Sorry I don't know all the stylist's terms-- is "stacking" the word for that look in the back?

I think so...my stylist calls mine a "stacked, inverted bob," meaning it's longer in front and has that volume in the back. It's similar to Rihanna's in length (first posted pic) but much curlier, and with a side part instead of center.

Honored Contributor

Never fear, they have fantastic wigs in that style.  The Noriko and the Rene of Paris (more affordable) lines have tons of stylish bobs in truly beautiful colors, anytime anyone wants to add to what Mother Nature bestowed...