Respected Contributor

Re: A Dream on Hold

[ Edited ]

Your misgivings in the wake of the Paris and Belgium attacks are expected and normal.  They will subside if authorities get the situation under control.  The Associated Press reported a day or two ago that a European police agency believes 400 suicide bombers are distributed throughout Europe and ready to strike at any time, so it might take a few months or more for this mess to resolve itself. 

After 9/11, I thought life would never be the same.  I had to drive into a major city for work even as there were bomb threats against the bridges.  In time, the fear has lessened.  Pray that our leaders have the wisdom to keep the people safe.

I hope things are better a year from now or a year after that.  The chances of being caught in one of these suicide bombings are infinitesimally small, but some people do get killed by them.  I'm so sad that the American sister and brother who were talking to family on the phone just as the bombs went off are now known to have been killed. How terrible.

Honored Contributor

Re: A Dream on Hold

[ Edited ]

P lease know , i was not posting about the shop keeper being killed, to say it is not safe there, not at all, i would go,i thought how sad this beloved person was killed.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.