Esteemed Contributor

A CHALLENGE FOR YOU

[ Edited ]

The following Riddles for kids may seem easy, but you'll have to be sharp to solve them!  I have the answers...Good luck!

1.   I'm always on the dinner table but you don't get to eat me.  What am I?

2.   What's bright orange with green on top and sounds like a parrot?

3.   There's a one story house where every thing is yellow.  The walls are yellow.  The doors are yellow.  Even all the furniture is yellow.  The house has yellow beds and yellow couches.  What color are the stairs?

4.   What's really easy to get into and hard to get out of?

5.   What word contains 26 letters but only has three syllables?

6.   What can you hear, but not see or touch, even though you control it?

7.   A girl fell off a 20 foot ladder.  She wasn't hurt.  Why?

8.   What has lots of eyes, but can't see?   

9.   I am often following you and copying your every move.  Yet you can never touch me or catch me.  What am I?

10.   Grandpa went out for a walk and it started to rain.  He didn't bring an umbrella or hat.  His clothes got soaked, but not a hair on his head was wet?   Why?

11.  What has hands but can't clap?

12.   I add lots of flavor and have many layers, but if you get too close I'll make you cry.  What am I?

13.   What has legs but doesn't walk?

14.   You see me once in June, twice in November, but not at all in May.   What am I?

15.   What can you break, even if you never pick it up or touch it?    

16.   I run along your property and all around the backyard, yet I never move.   What am I?

17.   I have to be opened, but I don't have a lid or a key to get in.   What am I?

18.   Which is heavier' a ton of bricks or a ton of feathers?

19.   Tom's father has three sons:  Jim, John and and whats the third one's name?

20.   What can you catch but can't throw?

21.   What kind of cup doesn't hold hot water?

22.   I'm always in front of you and never behind you.  What am I?

23.   What kind of a band never plays music?

24.   Which month of the year has 28 days?

25.   I have many teeth but I cannot bite.   What am I?

If you get stumped just yell for me to reveal the answers.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma : Very interesting. I know a few answers but hopefully  will  do better if I am able to sleep for a few hours.

Esteemed Contributor

@Desertdi   Now I have to go through all the trouble of going to court for an Order of Protection against my daughter's ex husband.  Threatening my life and spitting in my face, if it isn't one thing it's another and it's always because of someone else messing with your life.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

Dear @Lindsays Grandma     I am so sorry you are going through that.   Actually, it sends chills down my spine.    Many years ago, I had a stalker, so I really know how you feel.    I was terrified of my own shadow.

Sending you hugs and prayers.    di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

A carrot!

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

A carrot!

@Porcelain    Yes, you got #2 right. You are the only one who even attempted to answer a question.  Do you want to know the answers to the others?

Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma,  #4--   Trouble?

Honored Contributor

#5--  Alphabet?

Honored Contributor

#8--  A potato?

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma,  #4--   Trouble?

@Oznell    Yes, congratulations, you got that right.