Honored Contributor

As. Child I had a good life....but there was some strife thrown in for good measure....same as my adult life....good and not so good. I never want to go back. 

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 

Yes, yes, yes!

I am quite a senior lady now and with all of this going on, I am thinking more and more of a particular time in my childhood.  It gives me great comfort, peace and happiness to think of how simple and sweet this time was!  We had very little money, but I never realized that until much later.  My mother and father were so happy with each and showed so much love to each other, and that love radiated outward to us kids.  We had chores at home, we were taught respect and manners but we were for the most part, just kids!  We played outside, just doing simple kid stuff!  We didn't have to fear anything and we knew our mom and dad would care for us, love us and protect us.  I can truthfully say I would go back to this time in a heartbeat!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

The saying about if I knew then what I know now is valid.  You can't go back.

Honored Contributor

For me there were good and not so good moments at all ages and stages of life........I prefer to focus on the happy memories and good of each...........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

As difficult as life is now and it will get better, I would not want to live through he 1960's again, Women were expected to cook and clean and the minorities were treated horribly. No thanks I will live in 2020 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Re: A Better Time

[ Edited ]

@AngelPuppy1 

I am quite a senior lady now and with all of this going on, I am thinking more and more of a particular time in my childhood.  It gives me great comfort, peace and happiness to think of how simple and sweet this time was!  We had very little money, but I never realized that until much later.  My mother and father were so happy with each and showed so much love to each other, and that love radiated outward to us kids.  We had chores at home, we were taught respect and manners but we were for the most part, just kids!  We played outside, just doing simple kid stuff!  We didn't have to fear anything and we knew our mom and dad would care for us, love us and protect us.  I can truthfully say I would go back to this time in a heartbeat!  

@AngelPuppy1--What a lovely post and so well said.