Super Contributor

90 year old mother..........

........who shot her 72 year old son because he was going to put her in assisted living.  Guess now she will be going to an even worse place.  

Honored Contributor

Re: 90 year old mother..........

Well it could be he was mean to her, who knows?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

That’s a shame she felt her only choice was to shoot her son to stay home. She’s 92 years old with $500,000 bond. It’s tragic really.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Surely they won't put her in prison? Is her son still alive?

My aunt was the same way but she would not shoot someone. She was over 99 when she finally went to a nursing home that she did not want to go to. She was gone in about 3 weeks from all the drugs they doped her up with. She said she did not feel good with all the pills they were giving her??? They killed her IMO.

I don't blame the lady for not wanting to go.

I'm not going either & nobody can force me. I will take care of things myself if it comes to that.

Honored Contributor

OMG!!! I never should have read this thread!!!!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Apparently, this 90-year-old was not in her right mind, thus a nursing home could be the safest place for her.   

I know all about the sedatives one receives in a Home ... my grandfather, age 94, had "heard voices" and did not recognize me some times, yet he was fine mentally when he went in....but for his safety (he broke his hip), he had to go there and actually thought "everything was free."   If he only knew the cost to him was $7000 per month~~Medicaid had yet to pick up the tab!

Esteemed Contributor

I live in Arizona and the judge said that her age will play no part in his decision. The son tried to get police to take away her guns but they told her she had the right to have guns. She is due back in court Tuesday.

Honored Contributor

Police said they had responded to calls from that residence several times before, so I feel there is more to be revealed about this woman’s mental health status.   

Honored Contributor

She's 92, not 90.

She was living with her son and his girlfriend. 

She hid 2 pistols in her robe, entered his bedroom and fired multiple shots from one pistol.  The girlfriend managed to get the guns away from her.

Yes, the son is dead.  Sounds pre-meditated to me; dementia may be playing a part but it's not like she thought somebody was breaking into the house and shot her son by mistake.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Trusted Contributor

I just read about it and I think it's very sad.  The woman now wants to die and told officers she should be put to sleep.