Respected Contributor

Re: 5lb Reserve Black Angust Prime Rib $150???

I don’t know why so many people are concerned with how other people spend their money.
Respected Contributor

@Iwantcoffee wrote:

This lobster is $419.98.

• Includes 12 6-oz to 7-oz lobster tails and 8-oz Kate's Purely Maine butter
  • Net weight approximately 4.5 to 5.25 lbs

I have never eaten lobster. Always one of the most expensive items on a menu, never had it at home growing-up.

Greenhead (12) 6-7oz HPP Lobster Tails With Butter 

SH11/7 Greenhead (12) 6-7oz HPP Lobster Tails With Butter - M86876

https://www.qvc.com/Greenhead-%2812%29-6-7oz-HPP-Lobster-Tails-With-Butter.product.M86873.html?sc=PS...

@Iwantcoffee   While I do love lobster, at this price this is one of those things when I can only enjoy it when someone else is picking up the tab.  😋🐙

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Respected Contributor

Fat gives it flavor
Respected Contributor

I don't get it but to each their own.  Check out the "deals" at Costco.

Rastelli Market Ultimate Black Angus Steak Pack, 18-pack, 19 lbs

Item  1268519

Your Price

699.99$
Price Per POUND: $36.84
Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I don't eat red meat except for an occasional hamburger.  I've actually never eaten prime rib.  It always seemed like cave man food when I dined with people who ordered it.  Bloody and nearly raw.  Are there places in this country that don't have butcher shops where people can get prime rib and specialty cuts of meat?  Perhaps those are the people who would pay such a high price.

Yes, there are.

Respected Contributor

I was curious so I looked up this item. Wow! But even more wow is a 4 pack of steaks for 242.00 that pulled up also so I watched a little of that video. David is on it and he said these are his favorite steaks and he cut into one. It's thin! No way would I pay 60 dollars for one steak! And again, it's thin and not even juicy

Watch the video M81546

Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:
Fat gives it flavor

It certainly does.  I remember seeing a TV show about cooking in Mongolia (of all places)  They sit around eating meat from cows with all the fat.  They commented they heard Americans no longer eat fat.  They said it makes meat twice, three times better.  One of the dishes was the head of a cow! But seriously, fat(& bone in)  does make meat taste better. 

Trusted Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@Luvsmyfam wrote:
Fat gives it flavor

It certainly does.  I remember seeing a TV show about cooking in Mongolia (of all places)  They sit around eating meat from cows with all the fat.  They commented they heard Americans no longer eat fat.  They said it makes meat twice, three times better.  One of the dishes was the head of a cow! But seriously, fat(& bone in)  does make meat taste better. 

My father always made sure he got the slices of beef with the most fat on it, claiming it made it more tasty.  Me, I always cut any fat off, hated it back when I ate beef that is.