Esteemed Contributor

Re: 50th anniversary trip...we need suggestions

Have you done Disney World in Orlando?  A week, so you can take in all the goodies, would be wonderful!

Honored Contributor

Quebec City is magnificent in the fall.

Respected Contributor

Italy

Paris

Hawaii

A cruise (can cruise Hawaii or Alaska....many places)

Italy is my bucket list.  I don't know if I'll ever get there but it's nice to dream.

Contributor

Lucky you.  Congrats.  So many wonderful places.  My favorite place is Switzerland.  Maybe a European River cruise.  Scotland and Ireland are fun and beautiful.  If you wish to stay within the US then Hawaii.

Honored Contributor

@likeitis wrote:

Alaskan cruise?

@MamaWick    That would be my suggestion, especially since you two enjoy wildlife so much.  A side trip to Denali National Park would be mandatory and you'd be on wildlife overload.  I've been twice and consider these trips high point of my life.  There are cruise companies with smaller than behemoth cruise ships that specialize in nature trips.  Go talk to a travel agent.  Every American should try to visit Alaska.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I would definitely say Ireland, it's a magical place.

In the US I would say coastal Maine in the Summer or Fall
"If you really want to shock the world unleash your kindness"
Respected Contributor

Prague

Esteemed Contributor

I've been fortunate to travel a lot.  African Safari isn't for everyone & it can be hot and uncomfortable & a little difficult.  I loved Australia & NZ but it was long and difficult.   I live in Italy part time so a little biased but I love Pulia.   Just returned from Scotland and it was very interesting and Ireland is nice.  But I guess I'd say Japan if you don't mind long air time, Israel & Poland, Hungry, Austria & Prague are lovely and quite interesting.  Fall is a good time to travel as tourists have left.  Barcelona of course is a wonderful city.  I'd advise that if you fly, fly direct as connecting flights are a hassle right now due to delays and worker shortages.  

a River Cruise is nice & Holland & Belgium are beautiful when the tulips are in bloom & Amsterdam is a wonderful & active city.  

if you are interested in your roots, select the country of your ancestors. 

Esteemed Contributor

If you are doing a single place ( as opposed to multiple states or countries) London or various British cities, Bavaria, Hawaii ( my favorite is Maui), Utah, Arizona, Califoria, Wyoming ( National Parks). Japan (Kyoto), Singapore; normally I'd recommend China but right now with possible Covid restrictions I'd avoid it.

Honored Contributor

Alaskan Cruise if you haven't been there.

I has been my favorite vacation so far.

Very sweet for your children to do this for you.