Respected Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:

When do you usually put out 4th of July decor like flags in your front yard or porch? Some neighbors in our area have had bunting and flags and other stuff up for weeks....I was going to put everything out this Thursday, a week before the 4th. Is that too early? 

They probably had it out for Memorial day. 

Put your decor up when you want to. You do you.

Esteemed Contributor

If we happen to be home on the 4th - and it is a nice day - would say yes.  Some people mean well, but they keep their flag out 24 hours a day or in all types of weather.  It is ok to keep out at night if lights are on the flag, and I think flags should not be out in bad weather.  Just me.

Honored Contributor

I have a bracket on the front porch that holds an array of five flags.  I'll put the flags out a day or two before the Fourth and remove tham a day or two after.  Don't want to overdo it, otherwise the display is nothing special, just same-old-same-old.

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

If we happen to be home on the 4th - and it is a nice day - would say yes.  Some people mean well, but they keep their flag out 24 hours a day or in all types of weather.  It is ok to keep out at night if lights are on the flag, and I think flags should not be out in bad weather.  Just me.

@PamfromCTyou're absolutely correct.  The flag should not be out at night (except w/a spotlight) or in inclement weather.

Honored Contributor

Re: 4th of July decorations

[ Edited ]

Our flags are out already, hubby put them out last weekend, June 21st...... I think flags can be out all summer, not just for the 4th anyway! We have little flags that we put into our flower pots and hanging flowers......

Honored Contributor
Should the American flag be taken down during a rain storm? Most flags sold nowadays are all-weather flags (refer to the packaging). These are permitted to fly during inclement weather, according to the Flag Code.
Flag Code FAQ part 1: general questions - USHistory.org
"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I love seeing  4th of July decor on homes.  So pretty with green grass. I was only in places that I could put up decor inside. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I have a little red white and blue flag with Snoopy on it. We also have a larger flag my husband always puts out.

Esteemed Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ wrote:

@lovesrecess wrote:

When do you usually put out 4th of July decor like flags in your front yard or porch? Some neighbors in our area have had bunting and flags and other stuff up for weeks....I was going to put everything out this Thursday, a week before the 4th. Is that too early? 

They probably had it out for Memorial day. 

Put your decor up when you want to. You do you.

-----------------

I put out some old, but well loved red, white blue decor (wooden plaques, flag candle, Americana bell) from Memorial Day thru Labor Day!  Looks nice and I don't need to change until Fall decor goes up....

Honored Contributor
Put out Uncle Sam, firecrackers (big wooden versions) and patriotic pillows on porch bench June 20. Will keep them up until mid July. Then I return to floral decorations.