Honored Contributor

When do you usually put out 4th of July decor like flags in your front yard or porch? Some neighbors in our area have had bunting and flags and other stuff up for weeks....I was going to put everything out this Thursday, a week before the 4th. Is that too early? 

Valued Contributor

I put the gate and front door July 4th wreaths out on June 22.  Probably will them up till Labor Day.

Respected Contributor

I don't decorate for 4th of July.

Honored Contributor

I put my red, white, blue decor outside for

Memorial Day weekend.  It stays up until after Labor Day.  Not much but this is my summer season theme.  Nothing inside stopped doing this years ago.

Of course, my American flag  every day.  

Respected Contributor

I put bunting flags on the roof across the top of my porch and those go up in the morning on the 4th and down when I'm heading for bed that evening.  If I left them up, the wind usually picks up overnight and they might end up in the next town over.

I will also put the flag out and probably get a few pots of colorful mums for the porch.

If your neighbors are decorating then it's not too early to participate and enjoy!

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

I have a flag pole in the yard, so that stays up all year.  Add a few smaller ones in the ground before Memorial Day.  Stay up until Labor Day.  I stick a few small flags in my planters inside.  Other than that, nothing more.  

We have a veteran who puts a flag in the front yards of everyone in the neighborhood a few days before Memorial Day, Veteran's Day, Flag Day, and July 4.  He's been doing that for at least 10 years.  

Honored Contributor

Patriotic decorations ARE my summer decorations! I add a little bit of a beach theme inside the house, but outside they will stay up until I put the fall things out after Labor Day. Our American garden flag (replica of the original one) stays out all year. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@MarthaStewardess wrote:

I don't decorate for 4th of July.

I don't either... No summer or other holiday decor either, just fall and Christmas...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

dread it every yr. they start few days early with the boom boom, then, go for broke late on the 4th, then, keep at it for a few days after the 4th.

One yr they were still at it till 1a.m. I called the law that night.

thankfully, last yr they must have ran out of money getting to expensive.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I’ll put out a flag, but that’s it. Most patriotic decor tends to be cheaply made out of either plastic or paper.