Respected Contributor

Claires letter.jpgI am so proud of my little 9 year old granddaughter!! Without prompting from anyone, and without our knowledge, she wrote the following letter to her school principal. I guess at 9 and in 3rd grade, your school principal is the most influential person in your life. I am hoping her Mother will forward this letter on to 4Ocean so that they will know they are making a difference and our children are noticing.

Valued Contributor

Re: 4Ocean - Another Positive

@Georgiagrama wrote:

Claires letter.jpgI am so proud of my little 9 year old granddaughter!! Without prompting from anyone, and without our knowledge, she wrote the following letter to her school principal. I guess at 9 and in 3rd grade, your school principal is the most influential person in your life. I am hoping her Mother will forward this letter on to 4Ocean so that they will know they are making a difference and our children are noticing.

Oh @Georgiagrama tears came to my eyes reading your granddaughter's letter.You must be so proud of her. I truly hope the letter gets forwarded to 4Ocean.

God Bless her... Heart

Honored Contributor

Out of the mouths of babes, they have more sense then grownups.

Respected Contributor

Sad to say her principal wasn’t that impressed, but we sure were!
Valued Contributor

@Georgiagrama wrote:
Sad to say her principal wasn't that impressed, but we sure were!

That's very sad that the principal wasn't impressed. Maybe the principal needs to visit the 4Ocean website.

Your granddaughter is a leader. She's going to make a positive difference in this world. I'm very impressed and very proud of her that she spoke up and has a caring heart. Heart

Honored Contributor

@Georgiagrama wrote:
Sad to say her principal wasn’t that impressed, but we sure were!

Maybe the principal needs a follow up call from the parents asking her/him what she's/he's going to do about the straw situation.

I'm very disappointed in the principal, and very impressed with your GD!

Honored Contributor

@Georgiagrama @Put her letter out on a social media site and before you know it those straws will be history.That principal should have responded to such a caring request.

Esteemed Contributor

You have every reason to be proud of your granddaughter.  She is smart and caring.  How unusual for a child to care so much about the environment.  Good for her and for her parents who are obviously instilling solid values.  Unfortunately, her school principal seems to be oblivious to environmental damage.  I do hope her principal reconsiders!

Frequent Contributor

I say you bypass the principle and help your grandaughter come up with reusable straws or cardboard ones and pass them out and pass them out with little cards that explain and encourage others to do the same.  She could also rally other students to join her cause.  If she starts a "cool" trend, the principle might just be left where he/she belongs...

at the "uncool" table by himself.