Honored Contributor

I won't check mine --- as I don't want my heart to stop!  It is what it is now, so no point in it.  After this is all over, I won't even check it because I know it will be bad.  I'm just going to wait and try not to think about it -- much.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I'm receiving a state pension retirement fund now. I haven't had a COL increase in two years. They told us we might get one this year but that is doubtful. I'm concerned that they may decrease my monthly pension. It's my only income.

@SilleeMee

Let's hope your state does not reduce your pension.

New Jersey froze the COL on all state pensions in 2011. The cloud has a little silver lining. Most retirees have their medical benefits paid for by the state. Things will be different for younger teachers. 

Valued Contributor

I am now happy  I took my social security at 64. people laughed at me to  wait till 70

which  I said enjoy what you can now who knows what the future will be.I can use the money now and able to enjoy it now.  .Alot of us may not be around next year to enjoy what they earned all these years.

Valued Contributor

as of today 401ks are down 30% of what you have in your account. OUCH....

Respected Contributor

@heart of savino wrote:

as of today 401ks are down 30% of what you have in your account. OUCH....

Not necessarily. It all depends on your asset allocation. Someone who is heavily weighted in equities would be more likely to see a higher decline than someone heavily weighted in fixed income. It's not a one-sized fits all, blanket change. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~