Honored Contributor

I remember the day were well my husband works for the Federal Gov't and I was job hunting. At the time I was at a computer rental center working on my resume and called him on a public phone At the time very few people had home computers or cell phones

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I remember that day well.  Another atrocious act that took innocent lives, and for what purpose? 

So sad. Heart

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

Re: 25 Years Ago Tomorrow

[ Edited ]

@ahoymate ...It would have been so simple to leave the forums, click on google and you would have had your answer.  That's what I do and I'm sure many others do it as well.  

@camelot

@Sheila P-Burg

When one doesn't know what a poster is writing about, the way to find out is to be polite while asking instead of being rude and disrespectful.  I'm assuming we are all adults here...

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@chiclets ...You are correct in what you said in your post, however, the other poster's not knowing what it meant were rude and disrespectful.  There is a way to ask a question other than jumping in acting the way they did.  Heart

Regular Contributor

ICEBERG, you truly are cold!

Respected Contributor

Sticks & Stones.

Respected Contributor

FYI....."Dear Abbey" is not what is forum is about.

Super Contributor

@ahoymate wrote:

FYI: This is meaningless to most. What is this about & where did it occur; state, country etc?

Seriously? I don't even know what to say.

“…nevertheless, she persisted.”
Esteemed Contributor
jannabelle wrote:

Thank you for the reminder - what a sad day it was. As soon as you said the Alfred P Murrah building and domestic terrorism, I knew what you were talking about. To be fair - let's help educate the younger folks about the bombing in Oklahoma City in 1995 by 2 domestic terrorists who killed so many people including babies and toddlers in a daycare center. It was a horrible day. That bombing is something that we should never forget. I think Timothy McVeigh was executed some years ago, and for those of you who don't know about this terrible day, please look it up.

fbi  gov

https://www.fbi.gov/history/famous-cases/oklahoma-city-bombing

Super Contributor

@camelot wrote:

If you "posters" are so sharp why don't you go on Jeopardy?  Unless you live in Oklahoma who would remember 4/19 and the Alfred  P. Murrah building off the top of their head?

Uh, smart people? People who keep up with current events? People on whom this made a great impact due to the horrific nature of the event?

“…nevertheless, she persisted.”