Honored Contributor

Re: 2020 Census Questionnaire!

Call 1-844-330-2020 if you are encountering problems. We got a postcard in the mail today reminding us to fill it out and to call if there are problems.

I filled it out over a week ago online.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

I did ours a week ago, it was very simple.  I recall many years ago when the written questionaire was long. I was not wild about filling it out, and YES I know why we do the census, but I thought it was to nosy..how many bathrooms in the house, how many miles do you travel to work, those are the two that stick in my mind.

@Mom2Dogs 

that is the american community survey and that is ongoing. it is sent out monthly to different communities.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@jpieJust finished and also printed the page with the confirmation code.  Not difficult and I'll be glad to discard the extra mailings about the census.

Also finalized by taxes today, so I can mail what I need to mail and clear what I need to save into my long-term files.  Nice to get so much off my mind.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 ...The census that I said was pretty nosy was the one I filled out many years ago.   That is why I was surprised that the current census was so short.

I have never filled out or heard of the American Community Survey.  

Are you thinking that years ago I filled out an American Community survey?....it was named Census

Valued Contributor

Thank you for thinking of mentioning the census question here! I was attempting it about an hour ago; I was having issues with it, as well. I gave up for the time being, and stumbled across your question! I appreciate the suggestions!

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@sunshine45 ...The census that I said was pretty nosy was the one I filled out many years ago.   That is why I was surprised that the current census was so short.

I have never filled out or heard of the American Community Survey.  

Are you thinking that years ago I filled out an American Community survey?....it was named Census

@Mom2Dogs 

the american community survey began in 2005 and it is through the census bureau.

you may have filled out the american housing survey, which began in 1973 and is also an ongoing survey.

there are a number of surveys that the us census bureau sends out. there are a number of surveys that other branches of the government sends out.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45   Thanks, did not know that!

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs 

Between 1970 and 2000, the U.S. Census Bureau used two questionnaires. Most households received a short-form questionnaire asking a minimum number of questions. A sample of households received a long-form questionnaire that included additional questions about the household. In 2005, after years of testing and outreach to stakeholders and data users, the Bureau launched the annual American Community Survey (ACS) which includes the additional questions which used to be asked every ten years on the census long-form.

As a result of this ACS innovation, the 2010 Census was able to become a "short-form only" census with the 2010 Census questionnaire consisting of a single version with ten questions.

https://www.census.gov/history/www/through_the_decades/questionnaires/

Respected Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@jpieJust finished and also printed the page with the confirmation code.  Not difficult and I'll be glad to discard the extra mailings about the census.

Also finalized by taxes today, so I can mail what I need to mail and clear what I need to save into my long-term files.  Nice to get so much off my mind.

_____

That's great news!

I wish my taxes were as simple as the 2020 Census! I handed off my taxes to my CPA about a month ago, but I haven't heard back. I will call next week to see how the preparation is going. She usually has them done a couple of weeks before the deadline.  Since this has been extended, she may take longer.