Honored Contributor

so mad, I can't get into the Census online. They sent me my ID code, but when I click to take the online questionnaire, it just sits there........Anyone else have this issue?? 

Honored Contributor

Re: 2020 Census Questionnaire!

@CANDLEQUEEN   I'm sorry you're having this issue.  Have you tried a different browser?

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

I didn't have a problem at all.  Quick and easy.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

so mad, I can't get into the Census online. They sent me my ID code, but when I click to take the online questionnaire, it just sits there........Anyone else have this issue?? 

@CANDLEQUEEN,  I didn't have any problems.   It's important to have the most current version of your browser (Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge, etc.).   

Also, the site requires that cookies be enabled.    So, first clear all cache/cookies/website data, relaunch the browser and then temporarily disable any addons/extensions that block cookies.

If that fails, as @NickNack said try a different browser.    Best wishes to you!🌻

(eta, from their website:  "For best results, use the latest version of Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Safari.   Enable cookies.")

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Thanks everyone. Let me try a few of the things recommended here and see if that works!

Respected Contributor

Could very well be that u r having problems bc they seem to be mailed out in "batches" and my guess is also that many are now home and the site is overwhelmed.  I had to redo mine bc it blew up midway - it allowed me to do it again later.

Respected Contributor

I filled out the 2020 Census online about a week ago.  A few days later, I got the paper version. They both had the same code, but just in case, I printed up the confirmation # before I closed the window.

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry you're having trouble. It was very quick and easy for me. Honestly, I'm relieved to see this thread--as I was halfway worried that, perhaps, I had maybe been phished...althought I did it like I expected....Received the letter in the mailbox with my special, unique code, etc. I've grown truly paranoid over time....I'm confident that it was legitimate.

Honored Contributor

I did ours today and had no problem, just surprised it was so short and easy to do. I use Crome if that helps.

Honored Contributor

I did ours a week ago, it was very simple.  I recall many years ago when the written questionaire was long. I was not wild about filling it out, and YES I know why we do the census, but I thought it was to nosy..how many bathrooms in the house, how many miles do you travel to work, those are the two that stick in my mind.