Trusted Contributor

Re: 2019 ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME INDUCTEES

Yay, Roxy Music!  Brian Ferry is one good looking man!  Congrats to,all!

Honored Contributor

Roxy Music

Oh, definitely.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Trusted Contributor

Was so happy Roxy Music got in.  They have been so underappreciated.  Same goes for the Zombies.  They were one of the pioneer groups of the rock era.  Voted for these 2 and Def Leppard every day.

Frequent Contributor

Bryan Ferry is in Babylon Berlin (club scenes) Netflix

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee

Getting to your thread a bit late, but happy to note the Zombies will be inducted.

I'm sure I told you I saw them last year and they were fab.  Sounded much the same...Colin Blunstone (lead singer) very humble and sweet on stage. 

The group is still touring and Colin appearing on his own, too.   Glad I saw them as we are all growing older Cat LOL

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@Pearlee

Getting to your thread a bit late, but happy to note the Zombies will be inducted.

I'm sure I told you I saw them last year and they were fab.  Sounded much the same...Colin Blunstone (lead singer) very humble and sweet on stage. 

The group is still touring and Colin appearing on his own, too.   Glad I saw them as we are all growing older Cat LOL

@Witchy Woman So funny of you to write this because today I happened to hear a song I hadn't heard in years and years, the Byrds' version of a Dylan song: My Back Pages. The chorus includes this line:  Ah, but I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now.

I had forgotten you went to see the Zombies - I remember when you posted that and I was so jealous.   I love the CD I have of their greatest hits, and clearly remember when those hits were on the radio.  I'm very happy they are being inducted into the RRHF.

Honored Contributor

Did anyone watch the show last night? I DVR'd it as I was only interested in Stevie Nicks, Janet Jackson, and The Zombies. I was so disappointed there was no musical tribute to Janet Jackson. Even if she didn't want to perform, they could have had other artists sing some of her songs.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

Did anyone watch the show last night? I DVR'd it as I was only interested in Stevie Nicks, Janet Jackson, and The Zombies. I was so disappointed there was no musical tribute to Janet Jackson. Even if she didn't want to perform, they could have had other artists sing some of her songs.

@Jordan2  I didn't know it was on or I would have watched it. What channel was it on?

Honored Contributor

@colliemom4   HBO

I didn't watch it - yet.  It'll repeat.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@colliemom4 

It's on HBO right now and will repeat at 4:00 PM Mountain Time.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~