Respected Contributor

Re: 2018 Social Security raise

@CHATTY wrote:

That's nice.  People who work didn't get a raise.

There will be many "working" people who will get raises with the new tax rate reductions for corporations and business.  A 30 something family member not only got a raise but also a bonus when the plan was announced.

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

Hubbo said "if she's not satisfied be hunting for another job" like Dr. Phil says "if your not working your job is to find a job".

Esteemed Contributor

I'm enjoying a dollar increase. My Medicare went up.

Honored Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

I'm enjoying a dollar increase. My Medicare went up.

Did you get yours yet? I thought I was only getting $2 but when it came, I got $11.

Honored Contributor

Whether or not you get a pay raise/bonus with the 'tax cut' depends on who you work for and the about of time you've worked there.  Walmart is giving a bonus for those that have worked there 20 years.  The way they cut hours, I doubt that there will be many that get it compared to those that don't.  Sam's and Carrier, among others, are laying off workers.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

Whether or not you get a pay raise/bonus with the 'tax cut' depends on who you work for and the about of time you've worked there.  Walmart is giving a bonus for those that have worked there 20 years.  The way they cut hours, I doubt that there will be many that get it compared to those that don't.  Sam's and Carrier, among others, are laying off workers.

How much ya wanna bet that is comprised of mostly much higher paid employees already.    I doubt there are many cashiers, stock persons, or greeters getting that money.

Not to mention how many SC stores they closed so now they have a bunch of money to spend at the expense of thousands of others.   It's a shame.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

How much ya wanna bet that is comprised of mostly much higher paid employees already.    I doubt there are many cashiers, stock persons, or greeters getting that money.

Not to mention how many SC stores they closed so now they have a bunch of money to spend at the expense of thousands of others.   It's a shame.

Probably correct @chickenbutt.  The less you made, the less likely it is that you got a raise/bonus of $1000.  And IMO, raising your employees salary to $11 an hour is nothing to brag about when they need at least $15 an hour and the company is filthy rich.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)